Spruce Run State Park coughed up 1 more piece of 14kt gold

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's tiny but I'll take it! I'm looking to hit a few State parks if the wife will let me 😬 lol she has been on my case because I want to go all the time. It's addicting I'm sorry!!!! I get the "fever" IMG_0893.JPG

Upvote 10
Me too friend, wife says I have the car all the time, not really we ride together sometimes and she gets groceries and goes to the beach once in awhile. HH

Nice gold find! :icon_thumleft: Too bad the wife doesn't like to detect :(

Wait, what? I thought you could technically detect in state parks, but no digging or removing of items?

From Memorial Day to Labor Day basically no detecting on the beach or in water in Pa and NJ. NJ allows it on certain times between Memorial Day-Labor Day. Pa is off limits but it does say it's up to the Park Manager some parks are not strict (Example: Blue Marsh State Park near Reading, PA)/ Beltzville = no/Hickory Run = no/
Lake Mauch Chunk in Jim Thorpe, Pa is anytime just gotta pay a $7 fee to get in the Park of non-resident found (this place has a lot of potential in the water, don't go when it's "normal" swimming time cause kids are super curious and I totally understand and don't mind showing how the metal detector works and find a quick clad coin and throw it to them
But it gets out of control and they don't allow you space to swing detector. So I hit early morning or late afternoon

Congratualtions! :occasion14:

My wife is understanding most of the time. Of course it helps that she has a nice stash of jewelry I have found. She gets first pick of anything I find that is not returnable.

Gold is gold and I’m sure there is more where that came from. Keep swingin.

Wow that place is good to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back