What's new

Spur

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the spur you wanted to see another view. It could be a snake, not sure. The other spur why is it so small? childrens maybe, camp was near a town maybe civilian visitors? The more I look at it, I see a dog's head. It looks like dog ears.
 

Attachments

  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    668.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 027.webp
    027.webp
    815.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 029.webp
    029.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 031.webp
    031.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • 032.webp
    032.webp
    1,004 KB · Views: 95
  • 030.webp
    030.webp
    3.5 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Nice pic's of the spur. The 2nd pic. to me, the profile looks like a Croc. Does anyone else see it? Thanks for sharing the pic's.
 
Nice pic's of the spur. The 2nd pic. to me, the profile looks like a Croc. Does anyone else see it? Thanks for sharing the pic's.

I think the second picture is a top view. The first picture is a side view but I don't know if it is upside down or right side up. The fourth pic is also a semi side view.
 

Attachments

  • 030.webp
    030.webp
    3 MB · Views: 107
Mike, the spur sticks up. About one quarter inch behind last "ring" looks like ears. It curves up up is top.
 
So, this is right side up? The missing patina gives the impression of an eye. I still say serpent or dragon.
 

Attachments

  • 026a.webp
    026a.webp
    443.4 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom