"Stamped" seated Liberty Quarter?

Mike Phelpa

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday. 1862 Seated liberty quarter, rang up as silver on the AT Pro. Back was "stamped" with some sort of symbol. Never seen this b4. Any help would be great. Thx

2016-03-02_18.56.38[1].jpg2016-03-02_18.57.01[1].jpg

Upvote 14
Very cool. Have no idea and can not help you. Lets see what the experts say.

Yup I'd go with love token also....just google it and you'll see other examples.

Regards + HH

Bill

WoW! that was quick! thanks for the info. Really cool.

Yes, when people had artistic talent. Very nice example of a love token. Congrats. The only coins I have found have been cut out. Not artistically engraved.

Here's where the pin was attached, nice find!

Attachments

• 1456964751595.jpg
    1456964751595.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 86
thanks! Now I have a great history story to add to my find!!!!!:laughing7:

You found what alot of us would LUV to find!!!! CONGRATZ...

"Stamped" seated Liberty Quarter?

Love token, probably caved near the time of mintage. Love tokens declined in the 1880's and fell out of favor by the 1890's when mass produced jewelry became more affordable.

Awesome 1-of-a-kind find. Very personal and you're is quite unique compared to many.

Welcome to Tnet Mike! Pretty darned nice introduction too. It's a very nice piece.

VERY NICE love token Mike Phelpa! I would actually prefer to dig a love token over any normal coin. Hopefully one day.... but I do have a dozen or so love tokens that I purchased in a love token display. Some are buttons, some pins, some stick pins, ones a bracelet and some are just tokens and were not worn. As Scrappy said, it used to be very popular and a local jeweler could custom engrave them. Excellent unique relic find... well done.

Awesome love token

They are hard to come by

HH Jer

Heck of a find!!!! Very cool for sure and should clean up nicely!!!! Welcome to the addiction!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back