started with a dream

steve potter

May 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My names steve.new to this site..from east yorkshire.england.place called kingston upon hull..I live 5 mins away from the river humber....about 6 yrs ago now I woke up in my pub at the time after having such a vivid dream.i dreamed that I found THE HUMBER HOARD.since that day I cant stop thinking of treasure.A few days after my dream my father got me a detector from the US.treasure seeker I think it was called..my hunt was on, on a cold night high tides little light.my detector started going abit crazy.showing up coins on the display.new to the hobby I was abit undoubtfull..so I started digging.1 foot down tide coming in fast still showing coins on display.then oh crap, my adjustable spade broke.so im digging with just spade end no handle.very dangerous tidal river feet away from me.then battery goes on my detector, oh crap, so I made a point were I was to come back....but it was to late...I had an argument with a drunk customer and then my girlfriend.so my detector was thrown across a road at the culprut.....3 years on I was doing some landscaping for a friend laying new grass, I got a call on my mobile steve are you watching the local news...no im in a garden laying turf..get tv on channel 3 now , quick, to my shock even to this day on the tv live at the spot were I was ,camera crew press etc and a very happy looking man with a pot urn and 189 solid gold roman coins..my heart feel into my shoes .he later sold them to york museum in yorkshire for over £1000 each coin......gutted I was..this aint stopped.i now have a ctx3030 and am soon getting a van to convert into a mobile home to search hard to reach areas around the english coast...its like ive been told I have to do this....so in the future you will see me on tv in england standing besides my hoard with a check from the british museum in london for a very large amount of dosh..dreams do come true.follow them..ive been told to do so , so I am.....it wont end here...HH ALL.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard Steve! Take a look at Sub-Forums: England for information directly related to your country.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, relax, have a pint and think. Where were there Romans and later Vikings (Norsemen) for centuries in your lovely country? IN YORKSHIRE. That tidal river was the easy way in and out. I love your country, used to spend many pleasant summers there. I can almost promise you that there are many hoards still buried there. Roman, norse, anglo saxon, norman, war of the roses days, hell probably even WWII era. Just swing that detector, search even the unlikely places(including the area where that other bloke found YOUR hoard and be prepared to find not one, but many treasures. I know you'll do it. And by the way. Welcome to TNET.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story! I envision seeing you on TV standing next to the cache of coins you've found!
Best of Luck!

OP
OP
S

steve potter

May 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.i look forwards toposting up treasures of yorkshire , england etc...

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to the TNet. I used to go to Doncaster. Great people there. Had a great time. Good Luck and Post the pictures ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread