What's new

starting again after 25 years

dennisj

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saline, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Compass Magnum, 705 mine lab
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I have just retired and I am going to start detecting again. I have a Compass Magnum relic ll. This baby is over 30 years old. I would like to upgrade my machine so how about a little feed back on which machine is good in the 200 to 400 dollar range. Please help. Thank You. dprestia@aol.com
 
Welcome back to the wonderful world of metal detecting. You'll find the machines are much more accurate than they were when you last hunted...of course you knew that didn't ya? ;D

I'd recommend going to http://www.kellycodetectors.com website and browse around. They give great customer service and can help provide advice and consultation for what you're looking for.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your finds!
 
dennisj,
welcome.

Go over some of the past post, they will
tell you all about the new machines.

Hope you find a bunch.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE
 
That's kinda like asking what pick-up is the best, DODGE ,FORD, CHEVY, ETC.
You will get alot of opinions, so let me start with mine....lol
I like Whites, I have a WHITES XLT ($900.00)
a WHITES PRIZIM II ($200.00 I think)
and a couple of BOUNTY HUNTERS.
I'm not saying that they are the best, but I like them.
The suggestion of going to KELLYCO website is good advice, read up on current machines and form your on opinion.
After you do the research, I might suggest either renting a machine locally or borrowing one to see how you like it.
Another suggestion would be to shop EBAY for a used unit, you can find some good deals there sometime.
Good Luck and Welcome back to the HOBBY.
 
i understand some of the compass's will run with anything out now, but im sure the new machines are much lighter
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom