Starting June right, 1 tiny gold, 7 sterling PI comes through

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
These were yesterday, June 1st finds, to tired to post last night. Anyways I managed to pull out 1 small 10k gold band .9 grams, but hey, it counts... Also got 6 sterling rings and a sterling heart earring. This is the before picture of the rings, I'll post an after picture when I can get around to cleaning them, got company this weekend. So, the beach these finds came from is having a triatholon today with 1400 contestants and probably an even bigger number of onlookers, the swimming portion starts right at this beach. Anyone want to go hunting Monday morning with me?? 1.6 mile swim, 53 mile bike ride and a like 24 mile run.... I think I'll stick to metal detecting ;D. Oh yeah, and thats the junk stuff I had to dig not counting the many "Hot rocks". Seems alot of lava has iron or something terrible in them...

Attachments

• 6-1-07-1.jpg
    6-1-07-1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 6-1-07-2.jpg
    6-1-07-2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
1400 greased up triatheletes? Not to mention all the spectators. I bet a few rings find their way into the sand via sunscreen and sweat...

Is swimming the second or third leg? If so, the place where they change gear (pull off shoes, etc) might be a good place to scope out.

Nice finds. Wish I had a busy beach nearby.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
eathan said:
1400 greased up triatheletes? Not to mention all the spectators. I bet a few rings find their way into the sand via sunscreen and sweat...

Is swimming the second or third leg? If so, the place where they change gear (pull off shoes, etc) might be a good place to scope out.

Nice finds. Wish I had a busy beach nearby.
I believe the swim is the first leg, and the change is set up in a parking lot. You still have time to catch a flight over to Kona! :o

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm just tooooooo jealous, lol...Very nice finds. Congrats on the rings!

DANGLANGLEY

R

RUDY2003

Superb day. I wish I could have been there with you....
Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread