PullTabPrincess
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 22, 2007
- Messages
- 21
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Gainesville Georgia
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett GTI 2500, Minelab Excaliber II, Troy Shadow X5
I've only been CRH'ing for about a week. I've gone to many of the local banks and a couple of them had a few rolls of halves, but mostly I'm finding $5 worth here and $15 there in the teller trays. I have been able to get a few to check their vaults, and others just tell me they know there aren't any halves in the vault. I went to 7 banks this morning and was only able to get $18 in halves from one of them, $15 from one, and only a couple of dollars total from the rest. One bank that didn't have any told me that a guy was in a few days ago and cleaned out their vault of halves. Apparently I have competition here!
Anyway, I was in the bank that had $15 worth and a teller had them in her tray. As she was counting them out, my heart started racing!! There is no mistaking the sound of silver halves!! Out of those, there were (2) 90%--1964 and (8 ) 40%--a 66, (2) 67's, (5) 68's. The teller said that someone had just brought them in a couple of days ago.
I'm already strung out on this new hobby! Earlier in the week, I found (6) 1968's and a pretty scuffed up solid silver 1995 S. I've gotta start ordering boxes!
Anyway, I was in the bank that had $15 worth and a teller had them in her tray. As she was counting them out, my heart started racing!! There is no mistaking the sound of silver halves!! Out of those, there were (2) 90%--1964 and (8 ) 40%--a 66, (2) 67's, (5) 68's. The teller said that someone had just brought them in a couple of days ago.
I'm already strung out on this new hobby! Earlier in the week, I found (6) 1968's and a pretty scuffed up solid silver 1995 S. I've gotta start ordering boxes!

Upvote
0
Didn't get my boxes from the bank like I was suppose to so I had to go hunting.
. LOL. Just kidding, of course, but I think there are 2-3 other non-Tnet CRH in West Athens so I'm surprised when I find anything in the banks around here.






