Starting the New Year off right!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
First day of the year and I was hoping to start it off big with some gold. I am so greedy now. I find one and figure well why not find another? LOL

The morning was really a nasty one with an overcast sky and choppy, cold water. The water actually looked angry. I wasn't getting in it. I did wade along the edge getting my boots wet but did not get in any farther. It sprinkled a little, kind of a spitting rain but not bad. There were a few people out with umbrellas strolling along the beach and a few said good morning. One guy commented that I must be searching for money all the party goer's left on the beach from New Year's Eve. I said yep! I did't see any other MD'ers out and was surprised at that but then maybe they were smarter than I was and stayed home for a better day. I walked about a mile down the beach and then turned and came back. I ended up with a few coins, a piece of copper tubing of some type I think and one ring. It really looked like a piece of junk but a ring is a ring.

MoneynJunk010110.jpg

When I got back to the car I tried to clean it off a bit to see if it was silver but it was so black and encrusted I could not tell anything. Even after cleaning it doesn't look very good. It sure does not shine like silver.

Ring9250101100.jpg

I can make out the 925 inside the ring.

Ring9250101103.jpg

This I can not quite make out. I can see the end of this word... land ... but just cannot make out the beginning of it. It doesn't look like Thiland. It definitely is not Mexico. Maybe England? Who knows. Anyway like I said at the beginning. A ring is a ring and it was a great start for the new year. I'm happy :wink:

Ring9250101104.jpg

Upvote 0
Congrats on the ring Mumszie......great start to the new year :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back