Starting to get the hang of this....

Scottymitc

Nov 10, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of my finds today. Starting playing discrimination setting and was able to tell the difference between junk and these. First pulled the Sterling RW&S butter knife with a monogram, then the 1902 Barber Dime and then some Pirate Gold!!! Haven't been able to find any info on it other than its not from 1812. Pretty cool though.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 7

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds - Congratulations! :occasion14:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Scott..
And it only gets better..
H.H. George

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never found a silver utensil of any kind. Congrats on a nice find.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream of the day I find a silver spoon actually - but if I found that butter knife , I'd use it every day ! Sweet find amigo .

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Interesting find. The other examples I have found of these, their owners weren't sure of either. One on ebay right now with no action. The fact that the obverse is blank but the front has some pretty decent detail for a non-coin is pretty cool. Could have been possible that they were adhered to some other object at some point? Kinda weird to put in good detail on the front and nothing on the back if seeing the backside was not important. It being brass and thinner than most modern age gaming tokens like a Chuck E. Cheese, etc. makes me think these were demo or prototype or advertising coins more akin to hard times tokens.

Only other idea I could think of is vintage board game piece back when they made board game pieces worth a damn. But what game?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread