What's new

stealth detecting needed/prefered????

seeker41

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
368
Golden Thread
0
Location
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am beginning to wonder if all of us should stop hunting from about 12 noon until 7pm. i generally do not hunt during the peak beach-goers time period since i do not like to weave in and out of people and answer a million questions.
there is a general consensus that less is being found and there are more and more detectorists visable on the beach. i am beginning to believe the theorie that people see the detectorists and are more aware of and cautious to take care of there precious metals.
what do you all think?????
 
Upvote 0
i think i was there for 6 hours today and started before people where there n gridded near the lines for the first 1.5 hours at end of 5th hour i did it again found 2 rings one gold one garbage i think some will take it off but some will think your just stupid and rings dont suddenly come loose
 
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D

Now you got me in trouble with that eye candy comment!!!! red just slapped me in the back of the head and said thats why you go detecting all the time!!! And I said No beautiful I go out to find you all of the Pretty Jewlery!!!!! :wink:
 
Chug and Red said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D

Now you got me in trouble with that eye candy comment!!!! red just slapped me in the back of the head and said thats why you go detecting all the time!!! And I said No beautiful I go out to find you all of the Pretty Jewlery!!!!! :wink:

Sorry about that.... :laughing9: I'm lucky, my wife does not object to the eyecandy, when she is with me she even points them out at times if she sees one she thinks is extra pretty or sexy. Since I started giving her diamond rings I find at the beach, she has no objections to my going, hummmm, I wonder why. :icon_scratch:
 
Most of the time I time my hunts better as far as low tide high tide, but this one day trip this past sunday there were just to many people to detect and the High tide was at it's peek, so from experence on this beach and to hopefully gain more. I took a seat on the Pier to watch, record and to notice peoples water habits. What I discovered was where the low tide lane would be in about 6.5 hours, people were near, and just beyond this point. So that's why so many targets are found in this area at low tide..And just like there is a people line, there is a coin treasure line also I have found...Even thought I have hunted during the people rush, the best hunting for this beach is at low tide and when there are fewer people in the lane......joe

 
It is true that some people see us in the water and check their rings on the fingers. Those that leave them in the car can have the cars broken into also by a punk with a rock or now days they use the glass braking tools. Some that take the jewelry off to leave with friends on shore or put in a shoe still can lose stuff in the sand.

I don't worry about it, if I get my coil over it I am happy. It is the thrill of finding stuff, any stuff........... :thumbsup:
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
Chug and Red said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D

Now you got me in trouble with that eye candy comment!!!! red just slapped me in the back of the head and said thats why you go detecting all the time!!! And I said No beautiful I go out to find you all of the Pretty Jewlery!!!!! :wink:

Sorry about that.... :laughing9: I'm lucky, my wife does not object to the eyecandy, when she is with me she even points them out at times if she sees one she thinks is extra pretty or sexy. Since I started giving her diamond rings I find at the beach, she has no objections to my going, hummmm, I wonder why. :icon_scratch:
Ok so that's what it takes!! Darn, I better hit some diamonds soon :sign13:
HH, OD ;)
 
OD_hunt said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Chug and Red said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D

Now you got me in trouble with that eye candy comment!!!! red just slapped me in the back of the head and said thats why you go detecting all the time!!! And I said No beautiful I go out to find you all of the Pretty Jewlery!!!!! :wink:

Sorry about that.... :laughing9: I'm lucky, my wife does not object to the eyecandy, when she is with me she even points them out at times if she sees one she thinks is extra pretty or sexy. Since I started giving her diamond rings I find at the beach, she has no objections to my going, hummmm, I wonder why. :icon_scratch:
Ok so that's what it takes!! Darn, I better hit some diamonds soon :sign13:
HH, OD ;)

Red loves all the silver and gold I find her!! only 1 small diamond so far!! and she knows that i look at the Eye candy!!!! I love her more every day!! we have been together for 16 years and going strong!!! she always says find me a pretty today!! I get to hunt any time i want to!!! HH Chug
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom