What's new

Steel Arrow Point ???

panelman

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
97
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern WI.
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
I found this last spring with 6'' down along side a large Maple tree. The pc is made of steel and had 3pennies with it dated from the 1930's. Is this perhaps a style of manufactured arrow head from that time period or some type of tool? The shaft end is slotted and you can see that the blade is beveled and still quite sharp.
Thanks
Panelman
 

Attachments

  • arrow head gif.GIF
    arrow head gif.GIF
    82.7 KB · Views: 384
i have something in my tool box that looks exactly like that, its even about that size.
its a mini file or jewelers file. el cheapo set i bought at a flea market.
 
Upvote 0
seger98 said:
Marty, I'm thinking it could be a muskrat sprear! Nice find

Chris
Funny I did'nt think of that. The ones I've seen were on a 3-4ft. shaft, I am quite sure you are correct, trapping spear! Thanks!
Marty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom