Steel Money Soon?

Would you continue to MD if all modern coins start identifying as "Iron"?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't do a lot of clad hunting and I think there is enough in the ground to detect for at least 30 more years. In the long run it will change things big time. Short term(next 5 years) Most likely it will just eliminate the zinc penny which is a nuisance anyway. ;D

I get irritated at hitting clad quarters sometimes, I usually stick to the older sites. Call me a snob(really, it's OK ;D), but I love it when the dates on my coins start with 18.

gold fish said:
Call me a snob(really, it's OK ;D), but I love it when the dates on my coins start with 18.

or better yet 17

I won't miss detecting new coins.

It could also make the early Clad 1965 - 1999 worth Keeping.

What name would we call the new steel clad?? rustys? HH,
Donny

i like finding clad except the zinc pennies that are in very bad shape , of course i love finding silver but i dont find many silver coins here, alot of old detectorist have pounded this area ! so the clad keeps me going, sure hope they dont consider this ! i'll have to keep my eye open for this ;)

I could care less about modern coins. I'm after the good deep stuff like soda cans at 18" and galvanized septic tanks at 2 feet :D

Yep. Read my signature line.

joya_dorado said:
I could care less about modern coins. I'm after the good deep stuff like soda cans at 18" and galvanized septic tanks at 2 feet :D

Coffins, too !!

A coin is a coin. It all adds up eventually. I don't know if I would dig all iron signals though to get it, unless i'm at the beach where "digging" is just a swipe of the scoop away.

Any coins I find... I save for parking at a beach.

Real de Tayopa said:
HIO, Even these will be quickly replaced with pieces of plastic, with these they can contol your every move. Sides plastic is far cheaper to fabricate and replace.

VIVA "666".

Don Jose de La Mancha
"666"? ??? :o Your not one of those Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda followers are you?
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/16/miami.preacher/

HI DIGGEM: Nah, He is a loony, he thinks that he is God, whereas I "know" that I am.

As for what I posted, it is quite well documented that it is already in the final stages. Complete control of money and so YOU.

So you have the present accumulation of coins to shoot for, plus Jewelry. this should keep you busy for a long time, unless they go after metal detectors or make it too restrictive.

Snifff

Don Jose de La Mancha

Real de Tayopa said:
HI DIGGEM: Nah, He is a loony, he thinks that he is God, whereas I "know" that I am.
;D Good one! :D :D :D

Real de Tayopa said:
As for what I posted, it is quite well documented that it is already in the final stages. Complete control of money and so YOU.

So you have the present accumulation of coins to shoot for, plus Jewelry. this should keep you busy for a long time, unless they go after metal detectors or make it too restrictive.

Snifff

Don Jose de La Mancha
Comprehende and I agree.

Coins are just a plus in my book. Its the other "Nice" things I'm after. To get the gold you have to dig trash sigs anyway. Just make the choice, only go for the really good stuff or coin shoot. HH

Desertfox

If all the new coins were steel and rusted, I could ignore all of them and concentrate on finding the good stuff! Great idea.

some countrys are already there.I got a $5 Jamaica coin sat. at the beach with a PI PRO an yep it steel,It was stuck to the inside of my scoop to 1 of the magnets an already had some sigh of light rust... just found out my 2006 British penny I found last week is also made of steel...

It won't last long.

Think about this.

Once the early Steel coins start appearing in cash registers
as rusted slugs,
Customers will complain,
causing buisnesses to complain,

Causing the Health police to do Research
and come up with the idea Rust Causes Cancer. ;)

and the thought of the Mint replacing coins as soon as
rust starts would Mean $$$$$

Remember.

what a great Poet once said.

"RUST NEVER SLEEPS ! "

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back