Stellar, Stunning, Stimulating...Sterling!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol' Sub has been under the weather for a week, slowly getting my mojo back...I went to a local park which is also a sports complex. I hit a big practice soccer field today and concentrated on the "kill zone," a name I give to the RF part of the field where the Right Forward player powers in for the goal. (I have consistently found rings and jewelry on this area of MANY soccer fields...it is a battle zone!)

Well, today did not disappoint. I got a minor explosion in my earphones and a solid, repeatable 93 on the ATpro. After super-gluing my eardrums back together, I barely had to part the grass to see this monster pressed into the soil...
Armyring1.JPG Armyring2.JPG Armyring3.JPG
A CHUNKER US Army ring marked on the inside, "J A F 950." This is my first 950 silver ring!:hello2:
This beast weighs in at 17.7 grams!

This is when it got fun. I said a "Thank you Lord" while holding it up, as I always do. Put it in the pouch and walked five paces (5) with five (5) swings of the coil and BANG, a solid, repeatable 88 on the VDI. I thought, "Cool, I can use all the quarters I can dig." But no, Mr. Lesche hacked down about four inches under the sod to find this:
Armyring4.JPG Armyring5.JPG Armyring6.JPG
A beautiful silver ichthys ring, marked on the inside, "Sterling Copyright M/O." Obviously two different drops, due to one being on the surface and one four inches deep, within 8-10 feet of each other!

I started another row of sweeping and dug this lovely relic, which I think should get me my first "banner", :laughing7: What say you?
Armyring7.JPG

Its good to be back in the swing, the weather was perfect, the soil soft and easy to dig. Happy Hunting to all, thanks for looking, Sub 8-)

Upvote 29

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill I wasn't sure, I've seen it associated with platinum, and I wasn't sure of all the silver stamp values.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sub. You left out "stupendous" and "staggering". Nice ring. Glad you are back in the swing. HH C9

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome rings Sub! :notworthy: Gotta love seeing those come out of the ground. Congrats!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chucke cheese bracelet is definitely Banner worthy.

Both those rings look like they have some weight to them, Sweet finds!!

Glad your feeling better....

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good ones sub...believe it or not the c.cheese bracelet is collectable...gotta be over a dozen collectors out there

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Msbeepdeep,

I've dug various silver items with different purity levels from 825 up to 975 so odds are it's silver especially with the sterling stamp.

Generally platinum will have the 950 stamp with pl shown.

Regards + HH

Bill
You mite want to look again there is NO sterling stamp on the ring that has 950 on it,,there was 2 rings found

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great rings. Are JAF initials? Any return possible?

Q4, Excellent observation. The initials are either the hallmark or the owner. I did check our local Craigslist for any possible matches on the lost ring, with no results. I would surely return it to the owner upon proof of ownership. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful Silver! And a banner Rat house bracelet! Maybe Tylerbdad earphones are close by?

"Rat House" hilarious...now I won't be able to look at their "pizza" without thinking, "rat poisoning..."

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sub. You left out "stupendous" and "staggering". Nice ring. Glad you are back in the swing. HH C9

With your permission, C9, I will use those adjectives on the next "stalwart" finds! Thanks! Sub 8-)

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I never hit park fields, just the beach. Maybe I should try. If I have half the luck you have I woul be thrilled!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I never hit park fields, just the beach. Maybe I should try. If I have half the luck you have I woul be thrilled!

Ace, You WILL find stuff on public soccer fields. Stand in the goal box where the goalie stands. Look to your left, out to the sideline and up about 20 yards, that is what I call the "kill zone," where some heavy battles for control of the ball take place. Translation...jewelry falls off of the players there, now go forth and multiply! Sub 8-) (former soccer player and coach.)

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet rings !

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That chukey cheese token is pretty cool, so is the army ring. Lotta fond memories at chucked cheeses...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but there's no Sterling "platinum" DH unless it's a new marketing angle by Rolex :laughing7: If it says "Sterling" then it's silver.

BANNER on the Chuck E Cheese!! :thumbsup:
The pics are of two different rings...the ring marked 950 isn't marked sterling...Im not saying it is platinum, just pointing out that its not marked sterling.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some awesome ring finds there. Great job Sub!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds Sub. Those rings are sweet! Congrats!

I hope that you get to feeling 100% soon.

Since you know the owners name, you might get an honorable mention for returning the ID bracelet to Mr. Cheese... He couldn't be too hard to find...just a thought...

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Sub T
That 950 stamp can be confusing.
The high reading on the AT PRO (93), would definitely have me leaning towards silver.
Congrats on a 2 ring day

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Sub. Those rings are sweet! Congrats!

I hope that you get to feeling 100% soon.

Since you know the owners name, you might get an honorable mention for returning the ID bracelet to Mr. Cheese... He couldn't be too hard to find...just a thought...

Tom, That means I would have to actually "enter" that dreaded vermin palace again in my life. My kids (adults now) are emotionally scarred from the robotic rodents on the walls spastically gyrating and yelling at them to eat (gag) pizza. We laugh about it to this day. Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread