Stepped up my search for CWR and loose halves and came up very small

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked for halves at my local banks but I have never really drove around and tried lots of places. So, I have this app "aroundme" on my phone and it lists all the banks/atms around me. As I drove around town, I called each bank asking for halves. I must have called 20 banks and and did a walk-in at least 10 places and came out with maybe $5 in total...all clad. I suppose the tellers in my area could be hoarding the goods or I guess they could be shipping off any dumps right away or maybe there is not much competition in the area...I just figured that somebody would have at least a $500 dump of halves (not that I wanted a dump). I was just surprised.

To cap off the skunky search, I paid for some KFC in halves...the cashier was very happy to get the coins and said she was going to keep them for herself...I guess its all about perspective.

Upvote 0

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty bad 30 banks and 10 halves to show for it.

I may not find any silver on a road trip but I have never come up with just 10 coins
It will probably be better next trip out

At least you do not have $200 worth of clad to get rid of

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the bright side.:)

jd750707

Mar 4, 2013
SW Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit south of my town the other day, went to 9 banks.. Most said "We dont have any ..there is a guy that comes in every week and buys them"... So Im wondering, are they saving them for him?? Did they not have any right then? Kinda made me mad... I had another bank up north say the same thing, a year ago I was getting halves all the time.. I DO NOT like competition...LOL ... Nonetheless, Im going to get $140 worth from Fifth third, hopefully CWR.... Im jonesing for Silver

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit south of my town the other day, went to 9 banks.. Most said "We dont have any ..there is a guy that comes in every week and buys them"... So Im wondering, are they saving them for him?? Did they not have any right then? Kinda made me mad... I had another bank up north say the same thing, a year ago I was getting halves all the time.. I DO NOT like competition...LOL ... Nonetheless, Im going to get $140 worth from Fifth third, hopefully CWR.... Im jonesing for Silver

Are you calling ahead or doing a cold walk-in? I tried both. Very discouraging to not find any significant quantities. Good luck with the $140.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The other guy is probably bringing them cookies :BangHead:

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did this a few months back, on two separate days. I went to about 5 banks ea day. I was only able to call one, the others had answering services or non direct lines. Some of the banks were nice, and some you could tell they had ppl on the inside. All in all, the first bank I went to had a silver and a proof. About 2 of the other banks had some clad. One would not let me buy any halves, because I was not affiliated with the bank. I asked the some questions about their savings account set up, and decided to pass on it.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep trying! you might get some thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread