Sterling & 14k

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Sterling & 14k

got in about an hours hunt before it started pouring at a school I found that was built in 1939. I was hoping for old silver but found modern instead. The old TA300 said it was a quarter and when I dug it I thought I had a silver ring but when I checked it, I saw 14k!!! I then thought it was white gold and did a little jig.

When I got it home I noticed some other marks and had to take off one of my contacts so I could read it and saw STER above the 14K plus JA and a candelabra. Turns out it's a James Avery ring thats Sterling silver with a little 14k gold dove in it--very pretty. One the same size on ebay sold for $125 recently so not a bad find at all plus part of a silver chain and a little over $2 in change including about a 6 dime pocket spill. I hope to get back there next weekend since I didn't get to hunt all the big field before the big rain hit; there's got to be at least one silver coin around there for me. Found a little over $3.50 yesterday at another school so all in all a pretty good weekend.

11-08-09.jpg

11-08-09_2.jpg

the closeup is of the ebay one since I can't get a decent closeup shot with my camera even with the macro on :-\ the other ring is just a kids ring--looks like one of those newer mood rings that doesn't work anymore

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back