What's new

Sterling Silver Detroit Pennant--How Old???

36coupe

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in SW Ontario sterling silver souvenir pin measuring an inch and an eighth.

Some green enamel missing being buried for some time on an early house lot.

No luck researching company Chicago with an N inside a circle. Possible very early WORLD SERIES pin?? Any ideas? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2185.webp
    IMG_2185.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2186.webp
    IMG_2186.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 26
Neat find.....generally sterling versus 925 denotes an item with a bit of age.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
from markings and pin attachment style and general condition I would surmise 1950s.A simple guess.I like it !!
 
F H NOBLE & COMPANY Chicago was the manufacturer. Year ????
 
Hello 36coupe. That is a nice find, sorry I don't have any info on it, but I enjoy seeing items like your pin. Thanks for posting it. C9
 
Yes, 1950's sounds good!!
 
F H NOBLE @ CO. CHICAGO--thanks!!!
 
Very cool,,,
 
Great pin, congratulations!
 
Yea, its a great piece...but I am not so sure this is baseball related.... Tigers colors never had green that I know of....not saying its not, but could just be a souvenir piece, just from visiting the city.
 
The Detroit Tigers won the World Series 4 times,, 1935, 1945, 1968, & 1984.
The team Logo "D" is a fancy script type D. Completely different from the pin above.
I tend to think that ,, it was a souvenir pin bought to commemorate a visit to the city??
Very nice find
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom