Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas 40 cents higher in Schuylkill than Berks
Motorists were paying up to 40 cents a gallon more for gasoline Wednesday in Schuylkill County than those a few miles south in Berks County.

Just why, exactly, remains unclear.

For example, a gallon of unleaded gas at the Sheetz store in Yorkville on the Gordon Nagle trail was $3.59 on Wednesday. It was $3.55 in Schuylkill Haven.

In Berks County, the cost was $3.23 at the Sheetz in Shoemakersville and $3.15 in Leesport, about 31 miles south of Pottsville.

http://republicanherald.com/news/gas-40-cents-higher-in-schuylkill-than-berks-1.1190296

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count your blessings! $4.05 in Westchester County, New York! :help:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we visited Reading a week and half ago, I was surprised to see the prices there lower than in our area of Southern NJ. Usually we are about 6-15 cents a gallon cheaper. But a trend I have noticed is that when prices start dropping, they seem to drop faster in the Reading area than in our area, once prices remain at a near constant, than our area goes lower. We do have less tax per gallon, so the differences can be baffling at times.

Of course if you travel to Cape May County, the southern most part of the state, the prices usually are higher, despite only being another 20-40 miles from my area.

Lowest I saw yesterday was 3.29 a gallon, most in my town around 3.31 as of yesterday, so they are still going down in price thank goodness........

Don
Mays Landing

ADDED: This link shows that there are wide differences in NJ, quite a spread between lowest and highest.

http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread