STILL HARD TO GET IT OUT OF OUR MINDS

SPiperato

May 12, 2011
Easton, Pa. Northampton Co
While walking along the Bushkill Creek in Easton Pa. this past Friday, with my cousin (John), we came across, what appeared to be a person sleeping right off the walk path that we were on. when we got to where he was I told John, something isn't right here, so I got closer and yelled HELLO, HEY, loud enough to wake... well you know, still no respondonce, so I got even closer to check for signs of breathing, nothing and I was not about to touch this guy. I said HOLY SH*T John, I think this guy is DEAD!!!! So I called 911. To make a sad story short the cops and paramedics came and sure enough he was dead. Needless to say our day was done. We walked the mile or so back to my house , without a word spoken, we're both are still freaked out about the whole deal. RIP...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2011/09/deceased_man_found_near_bushki.html

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would destroy your good day for sure.. Sad.

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling all too well. Back in the 1980's, me and a buddy of mine had gained permission to hunt some old orange groves for artifacts. Right after we got started, we found the most recent victim of a local serial-killer. It's almost as if she (the victim) was calling to us for us to find her. I can't explain it, just a feeling we both got. For a short while, we were the only suspects, being questioned many times by detectives. To make a long story short, we both had to go to court when they caught the scum-gab that killer her to testify.

Needless to say, our day of hunting was also over after the discovery.

gordygroover

Sep 2, 2011
Was he a homeless person or just someone out for a stroll?
If homeless, he could have dissapeared forever without anyone knowing about it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well from the looks of what their saying -- it appears there was no foul play at least -- to die at such a early age 47 is a bit odd --its likely a drug OD or natural causes (health issues) being he was near a cemetry maybe he visited a loved one's grave and his heart gave out on him-- some folks mourn the loss of another loved one so much they themselves die from the sadness.

when I used to work on the dredges in the great lakes * one year we dredged the buffalo NY harbor area right after the spring thaw had occured --- sadly we found several bodies - some were tangled in the drag arms others were "floaters" --it seemed that the homeless men that suffered in the winter would end it all by jumping from a nearby bridge & they would break thru the ice and sink to the bottom --the icy cold water would prevent the germs in their guts from making gases that would make em float * until the weather turned warmer and the water with it in the spring --then up they came -like a cork -- however one person we found as a floater was a woman who was clearly a "murder" victim that had been recently dumped--her throat had been slit

finding a dead person "sticks" with you , no doubt -- but look at it this way --you by finding them -- you give them a chance for a decent burial and proper treatment.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Am I the only one who thinks this thread is hilarious? Does this go into the "Honorable Mention" forum now? LMAO!

OP
OP
SPiperato

SPiperato

May 12, 2011
My theory is that he was homeless. There is a shelter not far away with a zero tolerance for alcohol. I think he was probably a resident there, came in with booze on his breath and was told to leave and ended up where we found him. He was laying face down with his arms tucked under his body as if to keep warm. I was surprised at his age, his hair was completely grey, more like 67.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I once had to check a drunk passed out in my driveway.He sure looked/acted dead. Ended up callin cops & they got him about 50' away. The chance to escape lasted about 10 steps.
Betteer to be the finder than the findee.

F

Felinepeachy

Easton police are investigating the discovery of a dead man at Easton Cemetery this afternoon, ....................

Ummmmmmmmmm ya.

aka da Prof

Jan 18, 2009
Finger Lakes, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mid '70's while an impulsive ice climbing of the Ithaca Falls, I came across the corpse of a high school student missing for three days. Fell 80' from the dead end by Ithaca Gun. GAD! what spook! the 'rush' didn't hit me till I was off the falls. Twas a good thing I did find him, for it would not have been till spring that the family would know. As Bofus' said-- it was like a calling---

OP
OP
SPiperato

SPiperato

May 12, 2011
You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15

Time to get back to the living for this guy.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Am I the only one who thinks this thread is hilarious? Does this go into the "Honorable Mention" forum now? LMAO!

Are you kidding me? You think this thread is hilarious, dude you need help, seriously. Anyone who would think it funny to find a body is screwed up! Red

Irchr

Mar 17, 2010
Texas
all I can say is I am glad I don't have BODY setting on my Metal Detector. I don't want to find one ever. I am just glad you found him and they could get his body back to those who he belonged to. I am sure they are glad to at least know what happened to him. That part is good, for what you did. You helped his family get closure on his death.

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't understand why this would ruin your day. Perhaps in all my years of law enforcement I saw too many dead bodies.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to be taken the wrong way but im hoping of one day finding a body, Im so far off the trails where normal runners/walkers don't go that it would be a perfect place to dump a body and no one would likely find them - except us MD'rs

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't planning on signing in today......just browse through a few. See if anyone found anything noteworthy.
This was the first post I looked at.
I live/hunt in S. Korea...and I, too, hope to find a dead body/remains sometime. But, my hope is that it is the remains of
one of our soldiers whose family has never had closure, and the group that makes i.d.s of soldiers' remains can do a positive
i.d. Don't want to sound gruesome, but just something that I have thought about several times when hunting and finding
military artifacts.

Snake Eyes

Sep 24, 2011
111/101 in SW Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Explorer SE, Dowsing Rods...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my early 20's, I was hiking along a river bank looking for dumps and foundations, and almost found a body.... I was about 60' away from going under a bridge in heavy brush, when this spooky feeling just hit me out of nowhere! I also felt that if I went any closer to this bridge, I'd wish I hadn't, so I decided to just leave! Two days later a homeless guy was found by two kids under this same bridge Dead! Someone had Brutally killed this man by slitting his throat a week prior.............. :'(

"Do I Wish I Had Found This Guy First? Yes! Because finding something like this can Really mess up a kid!"

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
For me it would also have felt traumatic, yet I'm glad you found him so he could be buried or cremated. People's varied reactions to this thread are probably due to differences in empathy due to their own life experiences or personalities. Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread