smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Am I the only one who thinks this thread is hilarious? Does this go into the "Honorable Mention" forum now? LMAO!

I'm pretty cold hearted so no, it would not ruin my day. But why do you think finding a dead body is hilarious? If the authorities stopped by your house to inform you they had just found your mother or child dead on the side of the road would you think that was hilarious? Perhaps you need to get back on your medication?
Shane

ruck

Mar 5, 2005
Mansfield,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Numerous
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't E-V-E-N wanna think about this anymore,expecially the STANK!!! I've came across MANY large dead animals. That S-M-E-L-L is just unforgetable & I`ve got A cast iron stomach. Yuck! Puke! Who wants to breath MINUTE particles of stinking, rotten, DEAD flesh, INTO YOUR BODY?

Parisdakarbmw

Sep 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPiperato said:
While walking along the Bushkill Creek in Easton Pa. this past Friday, with my cousin (John), we came across, what appeared to be a person sleeping right off the walk path that we were on. when we got to where he was I told John, something isn't right here, so I got closer and yelled HELLO, HEY, loud enough to wake... well you know, still no respondonce, so I got even closer to check for signs of breathing, nothing and I was not about to touch this guy. I said HOLY SH*T John, I think this guy is DEAD!!!! So I called 911. To make a sad story short the cops and paramedics came and sure enough he was dead. Needless to say our day was done. We walked the mile or so back to my house , without a word spoken, we're both are still freaked out about the whole deal. RIP...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2011/09/deceased_man_found_near_bushki.html

I wouldn't have missed my day of artifact hunting, but that was probably a little odd for a normal person to see. I'm a police officer, and look in abandonded houses, and paths for things like that, but I'm paid to hunt for those things. I wouldn't have posed for a picture, but I'm sure you were confused by your metal detector going off near his pocket change, wrist watch, and belt buckle..

"Excuse me sir. Could you please move? I'm trying to metal detect, and your hogging up the space that keeps setting off my earbuds. Hey...Dude...Move!!" Nudge..Nudge.. with the detector

"Oh, so your gonna play dead to prevent me from getting to a batch of coins. I should call the police!"

EMC45

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2011
Possible OD? Easton has a bad heroin problem last I heard. I left that area in 94 and have heard it has gone real bad, real quick.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who thinks this thread is hilarious? Does this go into the "Honorable Mention" forum now? LMAO!

Oh I had so many thoughts pouring through my head when I read this as well.
I'll just keep them to myself, for the time being.
Carl

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

Yeah, I'm pretty much guessing you are.

Diggem'

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there's nothing funny about dead folks in my book -- mocking the dead is sad , just wait your turn and you'll be one of em , sooner or later * -- most likely it was a homeless drunk that frozen to death or doper who froze or ODed -- there is nothing funny about humans who are on the "skids" and die -- its sad and hard but --thats life , sometimes you make "bad choices" and unless you straighten yourself out -- you die from the results of those "bad choices" you made --- sad but true.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Another cop here. my daughter found a floater in a stream nearby, entry point almost two miles away. She just stood there to cover the scene and dialed 911. A cops kid,no panic. finding bodies is far from fun or comedy. Bob

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:

Are you kidding me? You think this thread is hilarious, dude you need help, seriously. Anyone who would think it funny to find a body is screwed up! Red

Give em Hell Red :icon_thumleft:

I myself have found a freshy passed person while out hunting , it takes awhile for you not to be on the look out , but it will allways be in the back of your mind , mine was an early 20's female .

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
You guys are right. I apologize. I mean, seriously, what kind of sicko would think finding a dead body is humorous?

Weekend_at_bernies_ver2.jpg

Weekend at Bernie's is a 1989 American comedy film directed by Ted Kotcheff. A comedy starring Andrew McCarthy and Jonathan Silverman features the two as a couple of young insurance agency employees who discover their boss is deceased. Believing that they are responsible for his death and that a hitman won't kill them if Bernie is around, they attempt to convince people that he is still alive.

Though the film was not a blockbuster, it was still a cultural icon as well as a financial success, grossing $70 million worldwide at the box office, and was profitable on home video. It spawned a sequel in 1993, Weekend at Bernie's II.

In popular culture

The film was parodied during the December 4, 2010 episode of Saturday Night Live in an SNL Digital Short titled: "Party at Mr. Bernard's" with Robert De Niro in the titular role.

In late 2010, a song called "Movin' Like Bernie" was released by rapper ISA and became popular on the internet. The song describes a dance in which one pretends to be dead like the titular character of the film.

Senator John McCain joked that if Alan Greenspan, then-Chairman of the Federal Reserve, were to die in office, McCain would want to "do like they did in the movie Weekend at Bernie's ... I'd prop him up and put a pair of dark glasses on him and keep him as long as I could." After Greenspan retired from the Federal Reserve, McCain later made the same joke that he would appoint him to a commission to review the tax code even if he were dead: "If he's dead, just prop him up and put some dark glasses on him like, like 'Weekend at Bernie's.'"

The film was referenced briefly on the FOX musical dramedy series Glee in the episode "Funeral"; Jesse St. James (Jonathan Groff) remarks about his alma mater glee club that "when someone dies during a number, they use them as a prop, like Weekend at Bernie's."

In the NBC sitcom Friends, season 4, episode 12 (The One with the Embryos), it is revealed by Joey (Matt LeBlanc) that Rachel's (Jennifer Aniston) secret favourite film is Weekend at Bernie's.

In the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, the character Barney Stinson says in a videorecording that if he's dead when his friend is watching it, his friend must take his body to the Hamptons and recreate Weekend at Bernie's.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You did the right thing, SPiperato. Somewhere, somehow, someone will find a body. It's important to not freak out completely. It's more important not to disturb anything, including moving possible evidence.

Life happens. So does death.

But think death is humorous ... someone needs serious psychiatric evaluation. I'm suddenly getting a little nervous on TNet.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
If you really want to know what's hilarious, it's the fact no one has even brought up the fact that the OP was metal detecting in a graveyard.

Guess I was the only one who picked up on that. Wouldn't be the first time Captain Obvious has flown faster than a speeding bullet over the collective head of T-Net.

lmao

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really want to know what's hilarious, it's the fact no one has even brought up the fact that the OP was metal detecting in a graveyard.

Guess I was the only one who picked up on that. Wouldn't be the first time Captain Obvious has flown faster than a speeding bullet over the collective head of T-Net.

lmao

That smooth talk will get ya places hombre. Now tell me, where does he say he was detecting?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was about 6. My older sister said someone was swimming at our pier. We went down there to see who it was. Turned out to be a gal who had gone missing several days before. she was floating face down and covered with crabs. We just stood there and stared for a few minutes trying to register the site info in our brains then suddenly we both bolted to tell mom. That image is still in my head and always will be. This post popped that picture right out. Frank

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lmao

What Graveyard ?

Where does He say he was detecting in a Graveyard ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread