What's new

Stone bead

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,151
Reaction score
7,987
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bead laying in a washout in a field that I surface hunt in for points. Most points found in this field are archaic with some woodland as well. It is obviously made of stone. Can anyone tell the type of material it is made of? I've never seen any raw material like this in my area. There may be but, I just haven't seen it. Any thoughts are welcomed.
 

Attachments

  • Stone bead - Lee County Ga. (1).webp
    Stone bead - Lee County Ga. (1).webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Stone bead - Lee County Ga. (2).webp
    Stone bead - Lee County Ga. (2).webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Stone bead - Lee County Ga..webp
    Stone bead - Lee County Ga..webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Nice bead, I don't think Pipestone though, I am only 23 miles from the quarry at Pipestone Mn., and I have never seen light flecks to that degree in any I have ever seen.

To be honest, I'm still not sure what the material is. I can tell you that I like it and want to find another!
 
I have a very good friend in fla that found one that is very similar, his is red jasper. Its a soft stone that works well. Your's looks identical to his. Thats a great find and not that common.
 
I have a very good friend in fla that found one that is very similar, his is red jasper. Its a soft stone that works well. Your's looks identical to his. Thats a great find and not that common.

Thanks! It could very well be red jasper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom