Stone map

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160912_160343.jpg 20160912_160728.jpg 20160912_160844 (1).jpg 20160912_160844 (1).jpg 20160912_161128.jpg

Need help with this map... to me it looks like 3 hills, a water source like a creek, then 1 hill. on my property I have 3 hills to the west, a large creek, then 1 hill on the east. Unsure if Native American or what... Thank you:hello2: 20160912_155432.jpg 20160912_160255.jpg 20160912_160555.jpg 20160912_160916.jpg
20160914_095823.jpg
20160914_104955.jpg
20160914_104433.jpg
20160914_103210.jpg
20160914_103901.jpg
20160914_104557.jpg

Attachments

• 20160914_095748.jpg
    20160914_095748.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of my favorite posts!

That is obviously a treasure map. It is a bit weathered, but treasure map just the same. You disbelieving dolts are just showing your ignorance.

CME, Have you followed the map? I would be chomping at the bit to get out to the field and see what is out there.

Please update us soon.

I am slowly picking up and following clues. I just posted much better photos with some of the clues marked... there is much more on this stone, and what is amazing everything seems to fit so far...

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not show my what I've found tread it's stone maps or did you know that. Showing you a piece of gold and silver will do nothing for you. The stones maps are the subject. They were made for a reason. I only showed mine for the naysayers. If you still think they are just rocks move on. The stone come in all sizes. Not all are map some are a prat of a map. Together they will lead you either away from it or to it. Knowing the code is the most important part. TN has all type of treasure hunting. Each has its on following. Stone maps you guys have a hard time because the artifacts guys are always trying to discredit their find. Then you have the LDM type that don't believe they used small stones. I got news for both. It out there on every site. From California to Florida everywhere in between. If you know what to look for.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You GO ROBERT!!! lol

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be a broken chunk of some larger mound/temple builders petroglyph? A broken step once trod upon by ancient tribal kings and high priests?
I'd invest in Ground Penetrating Radar.

This Stone is NOT Broken, Chipped, nor any other damage. I posted better photos on this thread.

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now there are two camps of the "portable rock art" folks.

1. The original group that thinks that every odd shaped rock that they find is some small, hand held, sculpture that is usually several different animals according to how you hold it...even if some of those "animals" are a little lop-sided. These folks will come on here and pretend to ask for opinions on their "effigy", and when all the life long artifact collectors chime in and tell them that it is just a weathered rock, or a rock with fossil inclusions, they freak out, and begin to explain to all of us "uneducated" folks that it is a very important find and the local professor/archeologist/museum janitor/tribal elder has confirmed that fact. (if anyone confirmed it, there is a good chance they just wanted to be agreeable, and not get stabbed in the face.)

These folks think that their "artifact" is waaaaaay older than "anything any of you have ever seen", and that's why we don't recognize them as artifacts. Some even claim that they are millions of years old. So I guess that these ancient people had so much free time on their hands while trying to survive being eaten by a dinosaur, or trying to figure out how to swallow a T-rex (Answer: one bite at a time), that they sat around making crappy, lop-sided, miniature statues that look like four different animals from the future.

2. The second group thinks that every odd shaped rock or fossil inclusion is some sort of treasure map, or treasure sign. There is no shortage of "stone maps" (I've even seen a shell map) that you can google....and it is lost on these folks that those maps...whether real or fake...are at least VERY legible, and there is no mistaking that they are human made carvings, and no mistaking what was carved on them (images, not their meanings).

I don't doubt that there were/are treasure signs that were actually carved on rocks and trees and whatever, but I seriously doubt that they were so small that you could loose them...I would think that they would be put on something that you would want to be able to find when you came back to the area...or...they would be put onto an outright map that you could fold up and put in your pocket (and yeah...I know that a small rock could fit in your pocket). So...someone carves a lion with a hat and a bear on his chin...and somehow THAT tells you where to find a treasure? Sure.

I have to wonder if the "portable rock art" folks have ever seen a rock that wasn't an artifact or a treasure map?

I DO have a few pieces of portable rock art, however I DO NOT believe all stones are maps, effigies, nor artifacts etc. One can usually tell if they have been worked or not. I share very few of my stones on line because of those who refuse to climb out of their box. i was HOPING some of you would try for ONCE to not be critics and use your imaginations. :laughing7:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just never know what we are going to find. There was an ancient culture that said their gods were the ones that did the rock cavings. Are so vain that we think we know everything. I hope to be learning something new daily. Mars may have been populated at one time. God said there is nothing new under the sun. Who I'm I to disagree. Do you?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and use your imaginations. :laughing7:

That's a key statement.

If you find something I want to see how the rock led you to the target. It would be helpful to include pictures of the landscape so we can see how it is referenced on the rock.

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DO have a few pieces of portable rock art, however I DO NOT believe all stones are maps, effigies, nor artifacts etc. One can usually tell if they have been worked or not. I share very few of my stones on line because of those who refuse to climb out of their box. i was HOPING some of you would try for ONCE to not be critics and use your imaginations. :laughing7:

Well that's the problem...the people that actually carved effigies were very talented...you don't need to use your imagination to see what they were trying to do.

I'm not in "my box"...I'm in the real world. People that want to see things that just aren't there are the ones in the box.

No doubt what is going on with these effigies that I have:

Artifacts 004.JPG

Artifacts 014.JPG

Artifacts 016.JPG

Artifacts 017.JPG

Artifacts 018.JPG

Artifacts 019.JPG

Artifacts 024.JPG

Artifacts 028.JPG

Artifacts 034.JPG

Artifacts 030.JPG

You don't have to use your imagination with these...They are art...they are portable...and they are made of "rock"....but way different than "portable rock art".

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, we are not playing around, it is a disservice to members to encourage members to look for and collect plain rocks telling them it is an artifact when it is just a weathered or fossil rock and an over active imagination

No Treasure hunter....... it is a DISSERVICE to stay in your Box and not follow the clues. Years ago we thought we could never get science to co-exist with the Bible. Archaeologist Today have PROVEN many Biblical Stories ARE TRUE because they chose to think OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now there are two camps of the "portable rock art" folks.

1. The original group that thinks that every odd shaped rock that they find is some small, hand held, sculpture that is usually several different animals according to how you hold it...even if some of those "animals" are a little lop-sided. These folks will come on here and pretend to ask for opinions on their "effigy", and when all the life long artifact collectors chime in and tell them that it is just a weathered rock, or a rock with fossil inclusions, they freak out, and begin to explain to all of us "uneducated" folks that it is a very important find and the local professor/archeologist/museum janitor/tribal elder has confirmed that fact. (if anyone confirmed it, there is a good chance they just wanted to be agreeable, and not get stabbed in the face.)

These folks think that their "artifact" is waaaaaay older than "anything any of you have ever seen", and that's why we don't recognize them as artifacts. Some even claim that they are millions of years old. So I guess that these ancient people had so much free time on their hands while trying to survive being eaten by a dinosaur, or trying to figure out how to swallow a T-rex (Answer: one bite at a time), that they sat around making crappy, lop-sided, miniature statues that look like four different animals from the future.

2. The second group thinks that every odd shaped rock or fossil inclusion is some sort of treasure map, or treasure sign. There is no shortage of "stone maps" (I've even seen a shell map) that you can google....and it is lost on these folks that those maps...whether real or fake...are at least VERY legible, and there is no mistaking that they are human made carvings, and no mistaking what was carved on them (images, not their meanings).

I don't doubt that there were/are treasure signs that were actually carved on rocks and trees and whatever, but I seriously doubt that they were so small that you could loose them...I would think that they would be put on something that you would want to be able to find when you came back to the area...or...they would be put onto an outright map that you could fold up and put in your pocket (and yeah...I know that a small rock could fit in your pocket). So...someone carves a lion with a hat and a bear on his chin...and somehow THAT tells you where to find a treasure? Sure.

I have to wonder if the "portable rock art" folks have ever seen a rock that wasn't an artifact or a treasure map?
Your answer is yes. There are plenty of afrs. Out there. Your not going to find a stone map unless your in the area where it is to be used. You will know because it looks like the area you find it in. Believe me you will know. It will feel special to you. Ask anyone that goes to these site about what they feel. These site had a lot of pain involved and death. Go to one and spend the night. You might have a new understanding. JON, it easy to be an unbeliever it requires not effort. Even things we don't understand sometimes scares us. We as humans have the ability to learn because the earth isn't flat.

Bob

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever wondered why people who believe in nothing are so freaking adamant about it?

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is how some people might get their rocks confirmed by someone else as an artifact from personal experience.....

I was out with my father and our buddy at a site we like to detect at...multiple use site from native all the way up to the present time, although a fairly remote site. It has produced many artifacts and relics.

While out at the site one day, we ran up on a guy that was out there with his little dog...We talked a while and he wanted to show us a site on the other side of the river, so we followed him there. He said he would leave his boat there and use it when he came out to the spot. He said he had a 9" artifact and an army jacket stolen from the boat. After looking over some pretty neat things that I think were probably railroad related, but long abandoned, he started to talk about the granite artifacts that he found on the railroad bed...His theory was that they used Indian mounds for the railroad bed, so naturally, they were full of artifacts...He pulled out these "artifacts" , and said one was a short nosed bear, and one was a "gorilla woman nursing a baby"...We got a little quiet, and he said "We don't know what all kind of animals they had back then" We politely looked over the rocks, and told him they were neat...I asked him what the artifact was that was taken from his boat, and he said it was a fish effigy made out of a cypress knee....Well if you use your imagination...every cypress knee looks like a fish!

He was a super nice dude, and we didn't want to be rude...plus we were in the middle of nowhere, and the dude was obviously out there smoking weed too, because every time he went out into the woods and came back he smelled like a Pantera concert...so I didn't rock the boat with him...he seemed a little sketchy, and I didn't want to have to shoot him if he pulled a knife or gun on us out there! I think the more weed he smoked...the more "artifacts" he found. He just had a couple of straight up granite chips that can be found by the actual millions on railroads.

In his mind...three guys that know what they are talking about just confirmed he was finding artifacts, but actually, we just didn't want to hurt his feelings...or have our noses bit off.

He wasn't hurting anyone...and he was happy, so whatever...but when someone wants to act like I am an uneducated, close-minded idiot, because I want to believe my own eyes, and accepted science on something...I tend to say something.

I know there are some things that are inconvenient for the scientific narrative....like the human and dinosaur tracks that cross each other...the iron and wood hammer found in the wall of a coal mine (I think in England), and I have even seen fossilized raccoon tracks on rocks on a mountain in Arkansas when there wasn't supposed to be any raccoons at the time period of that rock...but...I just can't use my imagination when we are talking about reality on a subject.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's the problem...the people that actually carved effigies were very talented...you don't need to use your imagination to see what they were trying to do.

I'm not in "my box"...I'm in the real world. People that want to see things that just aren't there are the ones in the box.

View attachment 1361559

View attachment 1361560

View attachment 1361561

View attachment 1361562

View attachment 1361563

View attachment 1361564

View attachment 1361565

View attachment 1361566

View attachment 1361567

View attachment 1361568

You don't have to use your imagination with these...They are art...they are portable...and they are made of "rock"....but way different than "portable rock art".
Nice pieces you have there. But it will not lead you to anything. Yes they were talented no doubt. Now the ones we have required much more talent. Because no matter which watery there turn will give you a different pictures. This stuff was made for the order. Unless you knew what to look for you would miss it. Take yourselves out to Superstitious Mountain look at the work on it. Open your eye to a world you been missing. Not all stones will be a map but it could lead there. Here is one from a french Jesuit site.
3f2dac7a0c570c14a839ffd263db3db9.jpg

ebbe95716f5e09f57587ec3089d82293.jpg
e147cab28de0c405bc7ccfdf34d06c3e.jpg

It looks just like the area it came from. No I will not show you the area. That would be stupid because it could be recognized. I would not recommend anyone giving there place away.

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1361559

View attachment 1361560

View attachment 1361561

View attachment 1361562

View attachment 1361563

View attachment 1361564

View attachment 1361565

View attachment 1361566

Awwwe yes.... VERY NICE INDEED. Unfortunately Darlin'... YOUR Rock Art and MY Rock Art are from DIFFERENT Cultures, DIFFERENT Areas in this Big Beautiful World, and DIFFERENT Periods in TIME. I have Rock art too, EASY to see the Sculptures made in Stone, not FROM STONE, Yes they ARE Authentic, just as this map IS.

13615041_586818164830337_9179690922539114029_n.jpg
13615183_585919754920178_5098635533309698229_n.jpg
13680543_587851611393659_6444254469093719239_n.jpg
13619893_585832984928855_5000494530735625732_n.jpg
13620809_586040944908059_8227471537828681494_n.jpg

:laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Treasure hunter....... it is a DISSERVICE to stay in your Box and not follow the clues. Years ago we thought we could never get science to co-exist with the Bible. Archaeologist Today have PROVEN many Biblical Stories ARE TRUE because they chose to think OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Just because someone believes in fairy tales doesn't mean they are true and that they are thinking "outside the box"...

I found thousands of rocks like this rock, they were just rocks

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are only as good as to what you have been taught. If you haven't been taught this I expect you to have a learning curve. Take your time. As far as thinking someone is an idiot that's not me. Maybe uninformed is the words I would use. For if a person thinks they are,they will be. I don't really care if you get it at all. I did my part in trying to inform you. What you do with is your thing.

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your answer is yes. There are plenty of afrs. Out there. Your not going to find a stone map unless your in the area where it is to be used. You will know because it looks like the area you find it in. Believe me you will know. It will feel special to you. Ask anyone that goes to these site about what they feel. These site had a lot of pain involved and death. Go to one and spend the night. You might have a new understanding. JON, it easy to be an unbeliever it requires not effort. Even things we don't understand sometimes scares us. We as humans have the ability to learn because the earth isn't flat.

Bob

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of hiding a treasure, if you leave a map in the area you hid it in?

I mean...a bunch of stuff carved on a rock wall a few miles off, that only you or someone you sent would know where to look, or a map (rock or otherwise), that you kept with you, and brought back to the site would make more sense than leaving an actual map to your treasure on the site that you buried it at...right?

I love to watch all the "alternate history" type shows....America Unearthed...Who Really Discovered America...Search For Lost Giants...etc., and like I said, I understand that sometimes historians put forth a narrative that isn't what actually happened...but sometimes a rock is just a rock.

Nothing personal...and if you guys are happy with your collecting, more power to ya....I just don't think you need to act like you are the only ones with any knowledge of the objects of the past just because a select few of you actually "see" the things on the rocks. I bet if all you folks that see these treasure signs were to independently list what you see...it would not be the same thing by a long shot....but I bet looking at the effigies I posted...most people would come up with similar things...I mean that one is obviously a monkey wearing a hat!!

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I give up!

I got the "Darlin'" (from a southern woman?)...So I know what that means!

I've been told that mine won't lead me to anything...like I was trying to say that they would instead of showing what actual carvings look like.

I've been told that I am only as good as what I've been taught...but I haven't been taught any of those things...I've learned them myself...from visiting museums, reading books, handling artifacts etc....Where were you guys "taught" about ancient multifaced rock carvings, and treasure maps? The "portable rock art" website?

I've been told that as nice as any actual effigy might be...whomever carved them weren't nearly as talented as the people that carved these sandstone looking rock chips, that are so advanced, they look exactly like natural formations, and show no signs of tool markings...

Whatevs!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mars may have been populated at one time. God said there is nothing new under the sun. Who I'm I to disagree. Do you?

That doesn't mean the images I posted of mars rocks are what they appear to be. They have been proven to be the opposite through higher resolution photos. That's the problem with imagination.

Go back and look at the "boar" or "Hog" that was drawn over a divot in that rock. Now go look at another picture showing the same divot without the drawing. I could draw anything over that divot using my imagination, but it doesn't make it so.

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That doesn't mean the images I posted of mars rocks are what they appear to be. They have been proven to be the opposite through higher resolution photos. That's the problem with imagination.

Go back and look at the "boar" or "Hog" that was drawn over a divot in that rock. Now go look at another picture showing the same divot without the drawing. I could draw anything over that divot using my imagination, but it doesn't make it so.

Yes... What you say is indeed possible. It is ALSO possible since this stone is weather worn, it May be an boar. there are boars here especially in that area. Looking at the hills, etc. and yes, there Are more Images of hills, etc. carved (by Humans) in this stone... note I said C A R V E D. Those hills , are in the same areas... Waterways, creeks, etc. errode and change over time. Hills and Mountains do not. This particular "Divot" could also be a boar. As I have stated, this entire area fits the map. Not Part but ALL. Now... find THAT on a stone. Stone maps more often than not show a clue or 2 and they are not so Defined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread