What's new

Stone mask?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Sorry for so many post, but, I'm still cleaning the evening's finds. This reminded me of one of the eyes on the Almec statues. Is it my imagination or possible it is part of a mask? If nothing else, you guys will get a laugh, why not ask?

image-3519933976.webp
 
Upvote 0
I don't really think so. I did a bit at first. But I researched this last night. My friend, who owns the land told me that this type stone is glacier sediment, and it just breaks like that. The smooth oval , does look like an eye from one of the Olmec statues and if you look again, you may be able to see the bridge of a nose and cheek as I did, but waste no time on it. In fact, I feel foolish. Then again, not really, if one doesn't dare see those things, he'll never find them.
 
Very true... but usually you will be able to see tooling marks of some kind.
 
GatorBoy said:
Very true... but usually you will be able to see tooling marks of some kind.

I thought that it was a type of heated clay at first. Just making it what I wanted it to be. We all know that feeling.
 
I can see where you thought that. If you don't ask you will never know for sure. That is what this site is for! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom