Stone tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll share my collection. It's a nice assortment of tools, blades, scrapers, cores, and cutting/fire stone. I have too much to load on here at once, hope the pictures are clear. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572329.975511.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572346.409058.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572374.554780.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572451.411039.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572550.262328.jpg

Upvote 0
Well when one person says they know something to be true and they have no idea what they are talking about then I suggest u change ur rules

NO, I suggest you read and follow our rules or lose the right to post at all!

Charl, is right! you have rocks! Not artifacts, going on for days on what you see is futile. This is a forum of Native American Artifacts. and all members post of their on free time and will to make sure that new members are not confused with delusional thoughts of non existent artifacts. The Song and Dance Charl referred to is just what you are posting and claiming. Most that do not understand post for answers, not to defend their rock collection. I do not post to most of these posts, but I stand by Charl, and this is not his or my first rodeo when it comes to standing up to what is true. Looks like after you read the rules of conduct for posting, you should start going back over previous posts and learn what constitutes an artifact.
No sugar coating need.

Where do these people come from? Have you ever even studied true American artifacts? You can go on all week, all month, or all year and you not convince one KNOWLEDGEABLE person on this site that what you have are artifacts. People are trying to be nice and explain this to you, but obviously you have already made up your mind that what you have are indeed finding 1.5 million year old artifacts in American. Good luck with that! lol

(quote removed by mod for rule violation)

Thanks for your kind words. Very often, folks who show up with rocks, claiming them to be artifacts, lapse into denial when presented with the truth. In this case, the truth is that the majority of what you show in this thread are just rocks. Not artifacts at all. Yes, I do see what appears to be a reconstructed slab with pecked circles. I do. That does not remove the fact that most of the rocks you're showing are just rocks. All I can really do is offer my opinion. I've otherwise seen this song and dance before. Many folks here have seen similar songs and dances before. Folks who just don't care to simply accept the truth, but instead lash out in anger when presented with the truth. Because you seem to be in attack mode, when presented with an honest, and accurate, opinion, it remains to be seen if others will weigh in with opinions or not. Nobody wants to launch you into a splurge of profanity and anger, after all. The simple fact appears to be that you do not have enough experience to distinguish rock from artifact. It isn't a crime to be in that position. Lapsing into denial mode is not going to turn those rocks into artifacts, however.

Best response ever!!

Please do not call other members trolls, it violates our rules....

Hello there! The items that you posted in the first two post in the beginning of your thread show no signs of being worked by man. I sincerely advise you to find as much information as to what types of artifacts that are found in your area. If you have any friends that you can talk to, or go to your local library or university and try to gain any insight as what your area holds. You don't have to let them know your personal interest in looking for artifacts, just to gain the knowledge of what has been found in your area and what to look for. Wish you lots of luck in the future.

More than likely most of those are made by the ancient Pareidolia tribe.

Very common to have new members (especially) find geofacts from the Pareidolia tribe as they were fairly proliic in their geofact production.

More info on the Pareidolia tribe here:
Pareidolia | Define Pareidolia at Dictionary.com

you may be on to something there....i have A LOT of artifacts from that tribe! Maybe we should have a posting on the Pareidolia people.

I don't mean to be rude on this post because I and every member on this site has picked up rocks form the Pareidolia time period :laughing7:That is something that new hunters do and if I had a dollar for every time I bent over for a leaf that looked like a point, I would be rich. But to argue with artifact collectors that have been doing this for years and have a very well known collection is like telling David Copperfield how to do a magic trick. We have a collection of collectors on this site that cover a very wide range in the field of artifacts and we do disagree sometimes but we respect each others ideas and opinions.

leaves...don't get me started!

Google Acheulean and Mousterian stone tools.

Your not the 1st person that has tried to prove such a thing in the USA on forums like this. To me and its just my thoughts is if they are finding artifacts in Africa and other countries dating 500,000 B.P. and before then we should have them also. No doubt but it hasnt come to life yet for us. Im not saying everything you have posted looks like a artifact to me but I do see some flake tools that look to be altered by ancient man. I find them all the time but the problem is dating them as to what the age would be on them. I find mostly Woodland, Mississippian and every once in a while Archaic period artifacts but tons of flake knifes. I cant very well say the flake tools I find are Paleo or earlier now can I? They used those type of tools through out time in all periods. It was a popular cutting tool and easy to make. One day maybe you will hear those words Acheulean but not today. Good luck, rock

Attachments

• SDC11010.JPG
    SDC11010.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
A little education can go a long way. And there's only so far that being self taught can take a person. If one needed cardiac surgery, one would not trust one's life to someone who said "sure, I read an anatomy book once, I can do it for ya". Coming to a community where there are literally hundreds of years in collective experience handling artifacts, it's safer to assume such people are educated enough in the subject and hobby to offer good observations , rather then to assume one's self taught understanding is superior. To assume the latter is like walking into a surgical theater and saying "hey, let me show you guys how to use that scalpel".

When rocks are presented as artifacts, it's safe for experienced eyes to surmise, as I did in this instance, that "this is self taught knowledge. This person has not sought out the advice of experienced collectors, or otherwise educated him/herself in North American archaeology, otherwise rocks would not be presented as artifacts, or claims made of Old World artifacts being present in the New World based on these very same rocks. This is self taught speculation".

And sometimes that turns out to be very mistaken. A little education can go a long way. And it is not all that painful, to the best of my knowledge.

So I guess as usual, rather than listen to the wisdom being bestowed upon him about these pieces he has chosen to just run away, and probably so he can post them at other sites until he finds someone to agree with him. Rather sad actually that these type of people just flat out refuse to listen or learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back