What's new

Stone walls

Nockbuster

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok this is my first post. Is it worth detecting along old stone fence rows?
 
Welcome to T Net Nockbuster ,

dawg from South Jersey :skullflag: I'll be glad to give you a first post comment . I see your from PA . Those old walls had many uses and visitors ... people used walls to sit on , jump over , set things on , shade , places to hide , get my point .No doubt there are lost objects near them . So take the word from one who searched near stone fences and stone cellar walls , it's worth it , get permission from the land owner , go low and slow , dig along both sides and in the fields nearby . Hope to see you post up some old coins and relics on Today's Finds forum . Tell them CMD sent you :icon_thumleft: HH 8-) CMDdawg
 
Last edited:
Welcome aboard T Net, Nockbuster makes me think you do a little archery? While you are searching along the rock walls, look for cellar holes in the neighborhood of the fence.
 
Hello Nockbuster,

Welcome to these parts. I'd also BOLO glass and pottery shards, evidence of dumping...

4099347201_cb5cb93fc3_b.jpg
 
Welcome aboard T Net, Nockbuster makes me think you do a little archery? While you are searching along the rock walls, look for cellar holes in the neighborhood of the fence.
yes it's my life
 
yes it's my life
Mine too, along with coyote&fox!
I plan on checking some stone walls that I've walked past yearly for 20-25 years while out hunting. Believe it or not, I detected a 100-150Yd. stone wall last year and found an old bow release.
 
Mine too, along with coyote&fox!
I plan on checking some stone walls that I've walked past yearly for 20-25 years while out hunting. Believe it or not, I detected a 100-150Yd. stone wall last year and found an old bow release.
im heading in the am for a coyote and maybe a bobcat. Heck I'll be happy with a fox.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom