47thelement
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2009
- Messages
- 1,741
- Reaction score
- 161
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Ok gotta get this off my chest!
I've been going to storage auctions for years now, the most number of people I've ever seen at these is maybe 10. And that was in the high $$$ part of town. Well today I go to one auction and there were 75 registered bidders!!! Two months ago at the same storage facility there were 3 people.
The bidding was stupid crazy! A skanky folding table and a plastic picture frame had a bidding war that started at $1 and ended at $5. Last month it would have gone into the dumpster!
This is not reality tv. You are not going to get rich from this. Go back to watching "real" reality tv!! Jerry Springer could use the ratings
Even the manager was frustrated with the people sipping on their lattes and leaving their trash everywhere.
I'll now step down off my soap box.
I've been going to storage auctions for years now, the most number of people I've ever seen at these is maybe 10. And that was in the high $$$ part of town. Well today I go to one auction and there were 75 registered bidders!!! Two months ago at the same storage facility there were 3 people.
The bidding was stupid crazy! A skanky folding table and a plastic picture frame had a bidding war that started at $1 and ended at $5. Last month it would have gone into the dumpster!
This is not reality tv. You are not going to get rich from this. Go back to watching "real" reality tv!! Jerry Springer could use the ratings
Even the manager was frustrated with the people sipping on their lattes and leaving their trash everywhere.
I'll now step down off my soap box.

I have been buying storage units for about thirty years on and off. I've been into flea marketing for many more years. You are right about this crap with the storage wars. I have even let units I stored flea market items in go into default to get them thinned down and weed out a few units I was wasting money supporting. It is true that once in a while you run into a good find but most have been picked over by the storage people long before any auction. How would you like to bid a few hundred bucks on a unit full of empty boxes. I've seen it happen. I was lucky enough to drop out of the bidding long before it got crazy. Something just did not look right and I decided to pass. They don't show the extreme losses you can suffer. Units can even be seeded in front with all trash behind something that will get the bidders going way out of the realm of recovery of any bid money.







