What's new

Straight sided coke, White House vinegar and more

Whynotnow?

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2022
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
2,179
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got some glass cleaned up. I know it's nothing super special but I absolutely love the embossing on the White House vinegar bottle. Planning to post a video in this thread if I can ever get the chance to sit down and edit it. Until then here's the pics. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6356.webp
    IMG_6356.webp
    979.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6352.webp
    IMG_6352.webp
    653.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6351.webp
    IMG_6351.webp
    905.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6355.webp
    IMG_6355.webp
    527 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6354.webp
    IMG_6354.webp
    660 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6353.webp
    IMG_6353.webp
    406.5 KB · Views: 90
Those are nice. I collect old Coke bottles. I was out today but everything glass was a heartbreaker.
 
Well
I typed I was out today but everything glass was a heartbreaker
 
Those are nice. I collect old Coke bottles. I was out today but everything glass was a heartbreaker.
Yeah some days are definitely like that. I had a guy tell me there's a website that buys beer/soda bottles that have broken or chipped tops for half price. You ever heard of that? Told that guy I'd be rich man if it's real. I can find broken top bottles out the wazoo.
 
Yeah some days are definitely like that. I had a guy tell me there's a website that buys beer/soda bottles that have broken or chipped tops for half price. You ever heard of that? Told that guy I'd be rich man if it's real. I can find broken top bottles out the wazoo.
Probably cuts the tops and makes drinking glasses out of them. But no I haven’t heard anything about that
 
I found a nice section of a straight side yesterday had a beautiful script on it but that’s all there was left
 
Sauer's is still in business in Richmond Va . they make spices and sauces. I love their BBQ sauce.
very nice recovery's indeed.



SauersBanner_copy.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yeah since im in North Carolina I find mostly all Pepsi stuff it seems. I was pretty surprised to see this one was a coke.
I did find a RC and a Pepsi but they weren’t that old maybe 80s. I left them
 
Have never seen a Coke bottle like that. Now that's a keeper+
 
Last edited:
Right and I saw some brown ones on the net too. I’m checking every Clorox bottle now when I’m out.
Planning to use a day off on Tuesday and get back out to my spot. Ive got a lot of cleanup type work I need to get in first, but it feels like the layers are slowly getting older, and not quite as burned.
 
Planning to use a day off on Tuesday and get back out to my spot. Ive got a lot of cleanup type work I need to get in first, but it feels like the layers are slowly getting older, and not quite as burned.
That’s funny I have a load of dirt Tuesday that I get to shovel. Happy days
Lots of erosion in the winter months. Good luck on your next adventure
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom