What's new

Straigt shaft ?

coin finder

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
343
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, all we had a lot of rain ! and about time ! I Got a Question, Has anyone taken the ( Beach Hunter #3oo) and put it on a ( Straight shaft ) ? and if some did were do you get the ( Shaft )? were do you buy the Shaft ? Thanks Coin finder . I think that my name ? and may br not getting old.
 
Upvote 0
coin finder,

I would assume that a great number of water hunters have put straight shafts on their BH 300s. Where can you get the shaft? From me! give me a call or send a PM. Joe, (860)488-5694.
 
I put a straight shaft on my PI Dual, I think the box is the same as the BH.. Makes all the difference in the world.. I got my from Plugger, and let me tell you, he builds a QUALITY shaft, will build it as you want (I wanted LONG), and has the best prices I could find...
Here is my PI Dual with his shaft on it..
Let me know if you want his email, I can hook you up..
 

Attachments

  • PI Straight shaft 1.webp
    PI Straight shaft 1.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 298
  • PI Straight shaft 1.webp
    PI Straight shaft 1.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 276
  • PI straight shaft 2.webp
    PI straight shaft 2.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 278
That's what I sell, Plugger Rods,at a discount. Joe
 
I got them on excals, Infinium, Sea Hunter MK2 & BH300 U can build one 4 under $30.00 Info if U want Do a search and U will C my pics FL Bill posted along with directions
 

Attachments

  • BH300.webp
    BH300.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 212
U get the tube at Aircraftspruce.com get 6061t6 7/8 OD .745 ID 4 feet @ $3.20 per foot #03 36450.Your lower shaft will measure .744 which makes for a very nice fit requiring no lock nuts. Go to a bike shop and get the long bar ends with the bend $19.95 a pair and pick up a package of foam grip covers (4) for $9.95. Use your arm cuff off your old S rod and the pods for templates to drill the 1/4 holes. Use 1 3/4 x 1/2 SS bolts if U can find them otherwise get 2 inch and grind them down. Use SS wing nuts on the pods and a SS/nylon lock nut on the cuff. I usually remove about 6 inches from the 4 ft length so I can put much more lower up in the tube for more strength
If U don't use the tubing from Aircraft spruce all bets are off
HH
 

Attachments

  • BH300.webp
    BH300.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 215
  • BH300.webp
    BH300.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 212
erikk said:
U get the tube at Aircraftspruce.com get 6061t6 7/8 OD .745 ID 4 feet @ $3.20 per foot #03 36450.Your lower shaft will measure .744 which makes for a very nice fit requiring no lock nuts. Go to a bike shop and get the long bar ends with the bend $19.95 a pair and pick up a package of foam grip covers (4) for $9.95. Use your arm cuff off your old S rod and the pods for templates to drill the 1/4 holes. Use 1 3/4 x 1/2 SS bolts if U can find them otherwise get 2 inch and grind them down. Use SS wing nuts on the pods and a SS/nylon lock nut on the cuff. I usually remove about 6 inches from the 4 ft length so I can put much more lower up in the tube for more strength
If U don't use the tubing from Aircraft spruce all bets are off
HH

These measurements are for the excal. For others you must mike the lower shaft and get the appropriate tubing ID from Aircraft spruce
 
I belt mounted the control unit on my beachhunter 300. Takes all the weight off your swinging arm, and puts the controls where you can easily see the lights and flip the toggle from all-metal to discriminate.

Bill
 

Attachments

  • beltmountbeachhunter.webp
    beltmountbeachhunter.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 199

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom