What's new

Strange box with a first

ronbo22

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
410
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Got back in the swing with a half box today and scored a first. In the second roll I got my first Walker (1942S). Two rolls later I got 2 Franklins (1962 & a 1951S) and my second Walker (1935) later I got my 3rd Franklin (1954S). All told I got 5 90%ers and 2 40%ers. The stangeness (to me at least) was the higher number of older halves versus 40%ers. how many of you experienced this and how often? Also got a 1971D gold plated half.
 
Upvote 0
Good Box Ronbo. :thumbsup: It is nice to get more 90's than 40's. I've had it happen at least three times with Half boxes. Once I got a 90 % George Washington Commemorative and no 40's. The 2nd and 3rd time as best as I can recall I got a single 1964 Kennedy and no 40's.

HH

Rich
 
I have had it happen a few times, but was much more the exception than the case.
 
It happens to me at times as well. Usually with my boxes the ones with the greater number of keepers will have mostly 40%ers and 1 or 2 90%ers. Then every once and a while I will get a box with 3 or 4 keepers but they will be only 90%ers. Don't know the ryme or reason for it. Good job though.

Golden Silver
 
ronbo22 said:
Got back in the swing with a half box today and scored a first. In the second roll I got my first Walker (1942S). Two rolls later I got 2 Franklins (1962 & a 1951S) and my second Walker (1935) later I got my 3rd Franklin (1954S). All told I got 5 90%ers and 2 40%ers. The stangeness (to me at least) was the higher number of older halves versus 40%ers. how many of you experienced this and how often? Also got a 1971D gold plated half.

Rarely do %90's top number of %40 though today did just that had a Box qith 46 %90's and 43 %40's.
 
ronbo22 said:
The stangeness (to me at least) was the higher number of older halves versus 40%ers. how many of you experienced this and how often?

Last summer I had a box with over 50 Benz 2 weeks in a row, and I also got a box with 38 Walking Liberty's. A couple years ago my Dream Box was over 270 Walkers, & Benz combined with 32 40% in the mix.

This is the post describing the Franklin Hoard last summer
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,174127.0.html

This post had the Walker find in it.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,162999.0.html

This is my dream box post
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,147287.0.html

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom