What's new

Strange Find in Western Australia

Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it’s not so strange a find for most on this forum, but certainly an unusual coin for me.
A Dime found in the water in Fremantle Western Australia. http://beachcomber-contractor.weebly.com
 

Attachments

  • DIME PIC.gif
    DIME PIC.gif
    526.1 KB · Views: 706
Upvote 0
What's the date on the coin? wondering if it is silver or clad.
 
Not strange at all gives us the date hope it is silver
 
Here is the other side 1997 Mint Mark 'D' So no silver I guess. But now I can say "I found Clad. Yay!"
We don't have clad here in Australia. Thanks for taking an interest Guys. Rex
 

Attachments

  • DIME HEAD.webp
    DIME HEAD.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 523
Well, at least you can buy some bubble gum if you visit the States sometime! :icon_thumright:
 
Reminds me of the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy...in another country
 
It ain't worth what it used to be .................
 
Does this mean the Yanks discovered Australia? :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
I found 3 British coins yesterday....I was the same way...WOW COOL NO WAY :laughing7:
 
:thumbsup: a lot of us Yanks visit Austrailia......you should find more
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom