What's new

Strange Find Today

killerwine

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Visalia, CA
Got two boxes and $110 in halves today....Found a strange coin someone made also...1967 Penny front (haven't checked to see where it's from yet) and Kennedy half back.

21 X 40%
6 X 90% Kennedys
4 X Franklins
 

Attachments

  • 081607 Penny and Half Front.webp
    081607 Penny and Half Front.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 081607 Penny and Half Back.webp
    081607 Penny and Half Back.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 081607 Halves.webp
    081607 Halves.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 081607 Box.webp
    081607 Box.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
I got one of those also. It is a magicians coin. Hey, that bell looks like the roll I just got today. Nice box. HH
 
Great numbers from two boxes. I've also found two of those coins but didn't realize they were magician coins.
 
Nice job on the silver KW. Congrats.

That is a British penny. Like AW said, they are these "magic" coins that are found from time to time. I have about half a dozen of these. The ones I have found all look like a normal Kennedy halves but had that hollow sound and when popped open the inside of the reverse is stamped with the British penny or Mexican coins. Interesting coin....novelty....good conversation piece. I gave a couple of them to tellers I deal with....gotta stay tight with these gals....ha!

Thanks for the pictures.
 
I've found 2. One with a Kennedy half back, the other with a Mexican coin back. Cool for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom