Strange formation, looks human made

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was following a story in a 1972 book by Rocky LeGaye and he told the story of an old miner, Freddy Crystal, and how he hade been looking in the Johnson CANYON AREA OF utah FOR THE aZTEC TREASURE. OOps.

So I Googled the area and came upon a strange dome formation, so symetrical that it must be man-made.I dn't know how to copy the pictgure but the coords are 37 19 36.92 by 112 24 39.37.

Can someone suggest how large this is and what it might be?

Bob

Rancho Leo

Apr 26, 2007
Rancho Cordova, California
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
This looks like a cinder cone from old volcanic activity.

Attachments

• document1.jpg
    document1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,061
OP
OP
bobinsd

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you're right. I should have measured it before posting. The base of the cone is over 1000 feet in diameter.
What's strange is the lack of apparant vegetation in the middle.

aerograd

Jul 10, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
That is a depression in the middle where no trees are right? I would say a large meteorite impact crater perhaps. Or ancient volcano maybe.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I believe it is a VOLCANO. You noticed that I said A VALCANO.
The reason that I say this is becausre of no trees growning in the bottom.
I suggest you do a TEMP survey and see what the temp is AT THE PRESENT TIME also take a sample of the soil and have it checked out. This is a fre4e service.
Peg Leg

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
just my 2 cents....don't underestimate how symetrical nature can be. I'm not saying what you see isn't manmade. But just because it's symetrical doesn't mean it is either.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
The federal gubermint has had a secret tunneling program going in the US for years.These tunnels interconnect man-made and natural caverns.And, ALWAYS there is a connection to the surface around the caverns or man-made cavities.The road being so close to this depression supports the last part.So, this may be a collapsed cavern, cave(either man-made or natural).

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
If it is natural I am only guessing that a meteorite crater would be a lor deeper than the surrounding base ground level.
But a lack of trees can be explained by an accumulation of water at certain times of the year and a lack of it durring others. This would prevent germination of foliage in the area.

We have enough salt in this desert soil to build up in a water shed like that one. there is enoughacumulated salinity in the soil that even if the ground isn't wet for long the soil won't grow anything.
A lot of local water holes are moved around for the cows because of this salt buildup.
It is so bad that Tamarisk won't even grow in it.

OD

VonDigger

Dec 13, 2009
Baden, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be the classic shape of a cinder cone volcano. Possibly part of a Small volcanic complex.

Erin:)
"VonDigger"

Rarewolf

Jul 5, 2008
San Diego, California
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Bald Knoll is the youngest of a group of basaltic cinder cones on the SW part of the Paunsaugunt Plateau in southern Utah, between the southern end of Bryce Canyon National Park and the western margin of Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The 2135-m-high Bald Knoll has a well-preserved crater and produced a massive youthful-looking lava flow that traveled about 12 km to the SSE."

http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/volcano.cfm?vnum=1207-03-

Attachments

• Bald Knoll.jpg
    Bald Knoll.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,636

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Rarewolf

Welcome to treasurenet.
I am familiar with that end of Bryce canyon.
You are correct in assuming a modicum of volcanic activity took place at one time.

Verry good post
thanks

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
volcano or not the aztec people did like having villages around volcanos and also found very strange places to live, so your treasure might be there somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread