See clearer than google in north carolina

Carolina Gold

Jul 31, 2007
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
search for GIS in county websites in north carolina, and you will find in most countys there are great gis sites that have resolutions better than the current google earth stuff. its more than a little klunky but it gives a great pic with zoom boxes. also has overlays (schools,rivers,zones) and search by parcel # and who lives there (or owns property)!!!
***added>>>anyone tried their own states?
& added>>>heres my own county, every county in north carolina has one.
http://www.alamance-nc.com/alamancegis/

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Carolina Gold said:
search for GIS in county websites in north carolina, and you will find in most countys there are great gis sites that have resolutions better than the current google earth stuff. its more than a little klunky but it gives a great pic with zoom boxes. also has overlays (schools,rivers,zones) and search by parcel # and who lives there (or owns property)!!!
***added>>>anyone tried their own states?
Can you provide us with the link(s?) you are talking about with this stuff on it?

JRSOBX

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
Kill Devil Hills, NC OBX
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20
http://www.co.dare.nc.us/

There is the Dare County website. Dare County includes Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, Hatteras, etc.

Click the dropdown menu that says "Public information files" and select GIS on-line. Once you zoom in then aerial photo becomes an option. There are several civil war wrecks in the water between Manteo and Manns Harbour...wanna take a swim with me?

walnuthead

Aug 23, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
If anyone finds a good and free GIS viewer let me know please. I found a trial version viewer called Geoexpressviewer that is good for 30 days. After that you have to register and that only costs $299.00, lol. Yeah right. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread