What's new

Strange metal ball?

Randy1944

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just acquired an odd item. It was presented to me as an old civil war cannonball. It is a solid metal ball that is very magnetic. It weighs 2 lbs. 8.7 ozs. It measures 2 7/8” at its widest and 2” on its narrow sides. It is sorta flat on two sides and round the other way. I will try to post pictures.
 

Attachments

  • E1933330-FBE2-4579-9034-1514341C732E.webp
    E1933330-FBE2-4579-9034-1514341C732E.webp
    267.3 KB · Views: 87
  • CA9EC0E2-B328-4ABC-A4DC-56B7FD85A658.webp
    CA9EC0E2-B328-4ABC-A4DC-56B7FD85A658.webp
    263.1 KB · Views: 83
I think it's a mill ball . Cannon balls should be round not oblong.
 
Upvote 0
What have been the purpose of being oblong, even as a mill ball? Just curious.
 
Upvote 0
A mill ball does not have to be round. a cannon ball does. May not be a mill ball, but it is not a cannon ball.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom