What's new

Strange penny

Acagedrebel

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
173
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbus ,Ms
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max ,Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this penny today in some change and it has weird markings could anyone explain this to me a lil bit is it a error or what to make of it oh and it’s the 1986 penny I’m speaking of.. thank y’all
 

Attachments

  • 8854F285-9680-4715-BF6E-3FA9C8D35A26.webp
    8854F285-9680-4715-BF6E-3FA9C8D35A26.webp
    896.4 KB · Views: 128
  • ED9F285B-B89E-40BC-AB87-7EE79B2580D8.webp
    ED9F285B-B89E-40BC-AB87-7EE79B2580D8.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
  • C26E7811-A6A1-42BB-8AF5-F5E11FEB244F.webp
    C26E7811-A6A1-42BB-8AF5-F5E11FEB244F.webp
    588.9 KB · Views: 129
Kenny, it is definitely interesting, code for I don’t have a clue what caused it. Good luck with your hunts. Walt
 
Upvote 0
I have found a few of those as well or similar but I dodnt know what that was either lol maybe when they stamped it it was off a little?
 
Upvote 0
It looks like some staining around the edge of the coin. Maybe some damage from a coin rolling machine. I don't see any errors.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a water stain to me. Probably came out of somebody's car cup holder.
 
Upvote 0
Let me throw this out there....
It was the end roll penny in a roll, for a very long time, 20-30 years maybe... and the roll left a mark on the zinc penny’s perimeter?
 
Upvote 0
When asking a question about coins, please be specific as to what characteristics you have questions on. When you refer to “markings”, I honestly have no clue if you are referring to something about letters, numbers, images, or the staining. Also, handheld cameras produce poor images.

Cudamark and L.cutler have identified the only abnormal thing about this coin that I can see, and have done so correctly. Just staining along the rim. If there is something that my betters and I missed, please be specific.

Time for more coffee.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom