strange pin

swish

Feb 28, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites m6 and mxt pro
Hi all
I found this pin in a local park that dates back at least a 150 years. I know its not that old but old none the less. been doing some research on it and can't find one on the net. any of you military collectors ever seen one? the back reads PAT. 3 19.18 STERLING. I assuming it ww1. i eerie that they'd just put somewhere on it. maybe kia and never recovered or found?

Attachments

• img070.jpg
    img070.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 364
  • img072.jpg
    img072.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, :hello:

I think it is older than you think :icon_scratch: the Pat. 3 19.18 I presume that is March 19, 1918 It looks like a forest preserver/ranger type pin, Not militarily. :read2:

Oh, Thats just my guess i'm not sure.... :icon_scratch:

Very cool find, nice piece of sterling silver (.925) !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my guess WW1 era ARMY RELATED PIN ( ARMY DRESS UNIFORM OF THAT TIME HAD THE FOREST RANGER TYPE HAT)-- mother.s pin--(A STAR --OFTEN PLACED IN THEY WINDOWS OF THE FAMILY HOME-- MEANT A SON WAS IN ACTIVE SERVICE --TWO STARS TWO SONS? serving "somewhere" --- or else a "MIA" pin (STAR ON EACH SIDE) as in i lost a son "somewhere" - MISSING IN ACTION POSSIBLE

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
It is a WWI era pin.. I have my grandfather's campaign hat in my den.. 1918.. right next to my father's 101st steel pot from Korea.. ;-) That is an outstanding find... I'd like to think it was more of an "OPSEC" thing.. operation security... meaning they would not print is real location on it.. plus with them moving around.. easier for the manufacture to just put "somewhere" on it... I'd love to find something like that... great military tie in plus very personal... perfect combination... now... if it had a Marine on it... it would be perfect!! ;-)

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread