SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I work from 10-7pm So I don't have much time to detect with daylight so I get out mostly when its dark around my neighborhood. Hit up a small playground area with mulch covering most of it. Got some iffy signals underneath the swingset and started digging. Right away I popped out the "skinny" bottle, followed by the old Clorox ETC. I found a mid 50's ish dump sight right underneath the swingsets. Weirdest find is the enormous dog bust made out of pewter or lead. Eyeballed a really cool sterling "Baby" spoon handle and an old lipstick case. It got late so I headed the block drive home :tongue3: Can't wait to hit up some farm fields soon. HH `Jim

P1010313.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010316.jpg

P1010318.jpg

P1010319.jpg

Upvote 0
WOW, those are cool finds. I love the tiny bottle. :thumbsup:

Pretty cool finds, and strange too consider they were at a playground. What area of South Jersey are you at, if you don't mind?

THanks guys. Jack I live in Westville, right next to the deleware river. Close to Gloucester, Deptford Etc.

Nice finds. I think you have more than a playground there. Probably an old home site before the playground.
Randy

Nice finds..that is a great place for a bunch of broken glass to work it's way up to the top!!!

MB

MonkeyBoy said:
Nice finds..that is a great place for a bunch of broken glass to work it's way up to the top!!!

MB

This is what I was thinking. Great to see you cleaned some of it up. :thumbsup:

That is strange that they would built a playground on top of a old dumping grounds. The kids will have to watch out for that broken glass....Matt

VERY INTERESTING FINDS YOU HAVE THERE. :thumbsup:
KEEPA DIGGIN

MLHUDSON

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back