diggingthe1
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 11, 2015
- Messages
- 2,777
- Reaction score
- 6,887
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Victor, CO...City of Mines
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab EQ800, Ex2
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
Agreed. over used to describe all pointed artifacts of all time periods.I would call it a nice arrowhead.
Arrowheads in my opinion are way over typed. I mean really, how many ways can you make something usually less than an inch long.
i have found some pretty ugly small points before...seems like almost any sharp tip on a small piece of stone will do.
Think he maybe meant Uni-notched

THAT! (now that you put up the second pic) I would call a uni-face thumb scraper that has been bi-facially re-sharpened. The notch, either damage or it's possibly a spokeshave.
No way an arrowhead!
your point looks just like the ones i find in Paiute country....where did you pick it up?
I found it in south central Colorado!your point looks just like the ones i find in Paiute country....where did you pick it up?
your point looks just like the ones i find in Paiute country....where did you pick it up?
;-) it's a scraper chase. Why does the size get you?
The sharpened edges tells me it did a little more than just scraping too.
quito, As I said its a scraper. I have nothing, no explanation to say its not. You are respected and have a great handle on artifacts.