Strap Thingy! Any ideas?

SCMDing

Jan 4, 2007
Rock Hill, SC
Hello everyone,

I found this in an area close to where I had found a South Carolina CW button. Not exactly sure what it is. My first guess would have been part of a strap of some kind, maybe from a horse somethingorother! It looks like the dark area is leather and the circle is a washer on a rivet. The blurry digital camera shot gives you an idea on how the washer is attached.

I had seen a similar post where someone was showing CW items and they has a washer similar to the on here, but was not attached. I think they had said it was part of a tent. I have no idea, probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks in advance for any help.

unkown001b.jpg

unkown001f.jpg

unkown001s.jpg

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find - no idea though!

HH

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Don't know for what or why.... but assuredly a rivit with a leather piece! Shoe, backpack, horse gear, strap, kinda cool!

You should assume it's a CW era thinggy...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SCMDing

SCMDing

Jan 4, 2007
Rock Hill, SC
Thanks for all the quick resonses! I love this thread and site!

I had a tiny window of time between the rain and I went out for about 30 mins, got just this. Guess I am bored and just imagining what this could have been! I will hit the area up more, hopefully it will shed some light on it.

Of course, I have to travel tomorrow so it will probably be a week before I go back there.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread