AGCoinHunter said:
mts said:
AGCoinHunter said:
MTS, mock me all you want about what is in store for the next generations. I truthfully cannot see how my children's future will be better burdened with trillions of dollars of debt and hyperinflation triggered by our recklessness. Yes, we are not in the dark ages as man has evolved into making life better for ones self through liberty and individual freedom guaranteed to us not only by the constitution but by a higher authority.
As far as your bold statement of dollar always goes down, I respectfully disagree. A dollar backed by a physical commodity such as gold becomes a restraint on the amount of fiat that can be created hence creating a currency that rarely declines sharply in value. Yes prices inflate through natural inflation when demand cannot keep up with supply but what we are seeing currently a ballooning of the money supply which in turn is going to create a scenario where double digit inflation or hyperinflation will become the norm. Inflation is a lagging indicator which is why it is so hard to fight. Prices now are reflective of what has been produced or grown in the past. Over the next year you are going to see your prices go up more than you ever dreamed.
I just read this from the WSJ....
"Corn is up 44%, milk is up 6.5%, hot rolled coil steel is up 4%, copper is up 29% and oil is up 14% from a year ago… Across Corporate America, more companies are wrestling with when and how much to raise prices as raw materials costs climb.”
And this is happening in a time when we are supposed to be in a recession or near depression? No, your goods are not up 60% right now but give it time.
Mock, mock, mock all you like sir. We are all in for quite a roller coaster ride.
Do you know why we went off of the gold standard? Because inflation was kicking the price of gold in the ass. Gold is only worth what someone else thinks it is worth. So inflation can happen even when you are on a gold standard. And it did happen. We had to go off of the gold standard because other countries could basically buy our gold for pennies on the dollar. And even if all countries go on the gold standard (which will never happen because not all countries have equal gold resources available to them), the value of gold can still decrease. Gold has no inherent value. In other words, if all hell breaks loose (real Mad Max Road Warrior crap) gold will be worthless. I agree that the value of the dollar is going down. And I agree that fiat currency is not a good system. But gold is not the panacea that so many make it out to be.
Whether or not the dollar will be completely worthless soon is a matter of opinion. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. The "doom and gloom" that is spread on this forum day and night is one of the things that I disagree with. So we can just agree to disagree at this point.
Call it doom and gloom. I call it sticking your head in the sand while dreaming about rainbow ponies. I hate to see it happen as much as the next person but I am going to live in the reality of what is actually happening, not just walk around telling myself everything is going to be alright. You have your opinion and I have mine. I will be prepared, will you?

"I call it sticking your head in the sand while dreaming about rainbow ponies"

That's a good one !
Which reminds me of a story.
The Reality Check
Everyday at noon I go to the loading dock to catch a smoke break.There are about fifty people doing the same thing,and like creatures of habit,we all have our spaces along the wall. Mines by the door.
Like clockwork, this young tub of lard, wearing a designer sweatsuit,expensive sneakers,and carrying a nutritious bottle of what is really fluoridated tap water opens the back door to the loading dock, and makes a big scene of waving her free hand about,to cut through the smoke rings. She feigns a cough for sound effects to her little act.
She then waddles off,flat footed, to get her lunch, which is about all the exercise that 4X sweatsuit has seen.
She returns a few minutes later carrying a sack with a half dozen cheeseburgers,or whatever.
"Here we go again" As she approaches me by the door she goes through the same routine,waving the smoke away,and feigning a cough.
I catch this act every single day for about 6 months.
So I'm thinking that this lady is on a different plane of reality. She's like on some type of health kick. Maybe she thinks she is an athlete,or the next centerfold for "fat girl magazine".
It's time for her to get a reality check !
So one day as she returns with her sack of cheeseburgers,and goes through her coughing routine.I speak to her for the first time. " You know, carrying that extra 200 pounds, and stuffing your face with a half dozen cheeseburgers everyday, is way more dangerous to your health,then my second hand smoke that the State of California lists among a thousand other things as hazardous".
Her eyes bugged out, and her mouth widened to a red lipped circle. Looked like she was catching her breath after having her head in the sand for too long.
She never replied,and entered the building. I never saw her again. Probably used another exit.
HH
Rich