Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
mws_1984 said:
So just realized what these are. It refers to rolls produced by N.F. String & Son, I imagine. Are there any downsides to these rolls, because that's what my bank gives me. Are they less likely to contain silver?
If you're looking for dimes, they are more likely to hold silver, at least in the NE.

OP
OP
M

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
fistfulladirt said:
mws_1984 said:
So just realized what these are. It refers to rolls produced by N.F. String & Son, I imagine. Are there any downsides to these rolls, because that's what my bank gives me. Are they less likely to contain silver?
If you're looking for dimes, they are more likely to hold silver, at least in the NE.

Yep I grabbed some dimes. Back doesn't have halves. It's a gamble if any other customer brings them in I guess. But I'll have to talk to the teller manager if they can order them.

So with the String rolls is it tough to come by silver in some areas based on what coins your searching? I can imagine quarters is tough with all the new state quarters. Probably people get lots of rolls with 90% of those?

Ginkawa

Aug 11, 2011
my first nickel box was a Strings one, and it had a war nickel. not done enough to have any sense of odds or comparison though.

from the various thing I've been reading though, it doesn't really matter much. that which sources are good or bad vary greatly from region to region.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try reading some of the past post and you will learn a lot. This is one of those questions you can't really expect anyone to answer. Law of averages say the finds should be the same.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread