Stud finder as a pinpointer ???

riverite

Sep 15, 2008
campbell river bc
Detector(s) used
ace250 with sniper coil
Was just on the toolshed site and some one was saying about using a stud finder as a pin pointer.thought they were joking, so i decided to gve it a try..Its raining so hard today and so sloppy outside i tried fooling around indoors . Got a stack of books ,two & half inches high , put a penny under the pile ,tilted the stud finder at 30 degrees and sure enough lights flashed and the beeper sounded , even found a screw in my arm from the hospital, can' t wait now to try it out side . Has any one ever tried it on the hunt

Attachments

• stud 007.jpg
    stud 007.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 598
K

Kentucky Kache

I haven't tried that. If I can figure out where mine is I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I have often thoght about trying this. Keep us posted if it works or not.

Thanks,
Sue

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Don't you first have to calibrate the stud finder to the ground first? If so, any object that is in the ground should make the stud finder go off when you go across it. John

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an interesting idea. I have an older one though that is the square, boxy kind. I think it's bigger than most plugs I dig...lol.

Al

B

BIG61AL

Most stud finders I have seen are kinda squarish and would be a pain to fit in the hole. A long thinner probe tip is simply better. Stick with a regular pin pointer made for metal detecting

I have use my probe to find the titanium studs of my dental implants. It beeps everytime i put it on my lip just below my nose...funny isn't it?

RNELSON

Oct 7, 2008
i tried usung the stud finder but everytime i get close to it it goes off ;D ;D ;D seriously tho that sounds like it would work. i will have to try mine out .

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
Yea I have the same problem. When ever I go to pick mine up it lights up and squeels like a stuck pig. What...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread