What's new

Stuff Thats Gone, Pa History

smurf-42

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
372
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I was in You Tube playing around and came across some interesting videos about the PA turnpike and several nearby communities. I found a link to the guys web site, Stuff Thats Gone. Thought I would pass this informaion onto all of you. The link is http://www.stuffthatsgone.com/.

Sue
 
pretty neat, it would be nice to see a listing like that for the eastern half of the state.
 
jeff741972 said:
pretty neat, it would be nice to see a listing like that for the eastern half of the state.

Do a You Tube search for PA history, or Eastern PA history and when you find a video check to see if they have a web site. That is how I found "Stuff Thats Gone" website, through You Tube.

I guess there is more to You Tube than watching music videos.

Sue
 
Great site, Sue!! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some great sites to get Buddy out to when the weather breaks.
 
Nice link Sue,

You guys on the eastern side dont need a site....you got Jeff....lol

Al
 
deepskyal said:
Nice link Sue,

You guys on the eastern side dont need a site....you got Jeff....lol

Al

Isn't that the truth. :tongue3:
Just picking on you Jeff. :thumbsup:

Sue
 
Sue,

Awesome Link!

Lot's of cool info. Funny thing is I've detected this place:

http://www.stuffthatsgone.com/New Alexandria PA US 22 and PRR.htm

If you watch the video located halfway down the page, It shows the foundations of the RR station. I hit those not even a month ago. What did I find? Not a thing exept for modern trash.

I did not spend a lot of time there, so I have to hit it harder. A local told me it was a fish hatchery. (HA!)

For those of you that are used to diggin in the woods, is there a specific technique? Should I rake the area first to remove the top layer? What is a good way to remove underbrush? Where should I focus in the foundation?

Thanks for any tips,
Kevo
 
Very cool! Thanks for the info. Can never have to much of that.

Mark
 
Sue, thanks so much, both for the site and the suggestion on YouTube. I've learned more in my week on this board than I did from both treasure hunting books I've read so far. And learned that there are a lot of Keystoner THers!

Wildheart
 
Glad everyone is liking the link.

Sue
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom