May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a two day post, Friday (5.5 hours) & today 4 hours 45 minutes.

On Friday we finished gridding the whole of the 6th Roman Site. Very small affair with just another 8 coins coming off, but at least 1 was an ablum quality one.
Today we hunted on the opposite side of the brook to the 2 Roman Sites in the hope there was one over there taking advantage of the same water source. It was a bust, so another field crossed off the list.
We then decided to push the limits of the well hunted Roman Site, only to find out it didn't extend any further. This only left us 1 option. Go back over the main site but start on the very edge where we haven't gone over it so much. This proved to work out with Cru'Dad's stunning Roman Silver. Any silver off this site is not that normal, & this one meant we have now got 27 for the year which is our best ever 1 year total! (Beating 26)

Lead Leather Workers Palm Guard (good condition)
14th C Buckle
10 Roman Bronze Coins
1883 Pewter Medallion
Constantius II AD 360 reduced Siliqua (must be EF?) :headbang:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 45

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your finds, makes me feel young living in the new world. Someday I'll cross the pond.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you don't need it, but this deserves it..............BANNER FOR SURE.
ZDD

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments & although we are unlikely to get one in better shape, its not a banner find because Cru'Dad found it.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A STUNNER for sure.
I know you guys found plenty of Roman Silver, but it still must be quite a thrill to get one, esp. a nice, and undamaged one. I'm sure it does, as that's what motivates you to get out there everyday (almost).

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crus.
You have found a lot of roman coins and im happy for you but i was wondering how is it possible that more roman coins are found in UK than in Italy? Am i searching on the wrong place or you have been collecting info where to search?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crus.
You have found a lot of roman coins and im happy for you but i was wondering how is it possible that more roman coins are found in UK than in Italy? Am i searching on the wrong place or you have been collecting info where to search?

We target Rural Roman Sites, with help from Land-Mag (another member on Tnet) & then its just a matter of hours of hunting. It took us years to get this good, when we first started I couldn't find 1 Roman Coin.

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
I always love seeing your posts, the history that you are able to recover is fantastic. I have traced my family roots all the way back to a very small village in England (Bere Regis). I keep telling my wife I am going to go visit the town and go detecting, but she just laughs and said if I ever got to detect over there I wouldn't come back across the pond. Not sure if she means my choice or her's :icon_scratch: Keep posting those amazing finds.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We target Rural Roman Sites, with help from Land-Mag (another member on Tnet) & then its just a matter of hours of hunting. It took us years to get this good, when we first started I couldn't find 1 Roman Coin.

I can imagine it was not so easy for you to have the info. Do you think you can help me how to find the right place in Italy where I can search for Roman items?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can imagine it was not so easy for you to have the info. Do you think you can help me how to find the right place in Italy where I can search for Roman items?

Sorry, not sure I can because I don't know enough about your Rules/Laws. The only tool I know that Italy should have as well as us is Google Earth, because I'm pretty sure the Archie files we used will not be available over there.
The most important thing is look for a water source.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always love seeing your posts, the history that you are able to recover is fantastic. I have traced my family roots all the way back to a very small village in England (Bere Regis). I keep telling my wife I am going to go visit the town and go detecting, but she just laughs and said if I ever got to detect over there I wouldn't come back across the pond. Not sure if she means my choice or her's :icon_scratch: Keep posting those amazing finds.
Never heard of that place, so googled it. Seems a pretty good spot.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It seems you are in the best country to find these interesting coins, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems you are in the best country to find these interesting coins, thanks for sharing.

No, not really, the Eastern Empire has them in the wheel barrow load.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread