What's new

Summer hunts 2 and 3

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finds from two elementary school grounds

Hunt 2 was at an elementary school that opened in the late '50s and Hunt 3 at one that started in 1964. I've hunted both sites several times before. Never found silver at the late '50s school but have recovered a silver dime from the other.

There were just two deep targets from Hunt 2; the first, a '57D wheat and the second, a YALE padlock. Hunt 3 hand just one deep target and that was a brass connector that I think is used for overhead lines. Lots of clad between the two hunts, totaling $6.37.

Most interesting find came from Hunt 3, a Gray Rocks Ski School pin. Gray Rocks was a resort in Quebec that closed in 2009.

Well, for a change it's fun to rake in the clad. Sorry for the pun; didn't see it coming.

Finds.webp
 
Upvote 12
Congratulations on the productive hunt! :occasion14:
 
Thanks Professor! The '64 school has a lot more ground I need to cover. I think there's plenty of clad left.. and maybe another silver out there.
 
Congrats on hunting a couple of schools and rescuing those coins. :occasion14: The pins is a good find, and you can not ever have too many padlocks.
 
Thanks L-D! Man, that lock sounded good. Deep. Thought I had a good 'un. Hope to get back to the '64 school later this week.
 
Nice diggin's McCDig.......school's out and you're in!! :headbang:
 
Thanks Tuberale! Cladness!
 
Thanks Chizzy! Yep. School's out, baseball is over, along with soccer and I've got a tree line along first base to check out later in the week!
 
Thanks for your post Art! Good luck this long, hot summer of digging.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom