Sunday Funday! Xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
A case of eat, sleep and repeat ā€¦. but we went to the other side of the buildings to see what we could find! Super interestingā€¦ was our conclusion!

a nice little weight, a crotal bell, spindle whorl and another weight, some lead shapes! 3 tacks, 2 round 1 oval, a engraved button. GRā€¦. I havenā€™t Iā€™d it yet, 2 bits of pot legs, a oval thingy, buttons, a crusty pre dec, and 7 scrappy Romans šŸ˜† will give to himself to clean as he is getting a bit expert at it! Xx

For the extra pics today a Lancaster flew over usā€¦ couldnt see what I was snapping as looking into the sun, but wow, I got a great shot! Also there was one lonely poppy in the middle of my search area šŸ˜† xx

now the final picture is just a few of the little cute stones I started picking up, there are loads scattered about, no clue what they are, but the stone is light weight and def not local? šŸ¤” another item for me to research šŸ˜† xx

IMG_7844.jpeg
IMG_7846.jpeg
IMG_7847.jpeg
IMG_7848.jpeg
IMG_7849.jpeg
IMG_7850.jpeg
IMG_7851.jpeg
IMG_7852.jpeg
IMG_7853.jpeg
IMG_7854.jpeg
IMG_7838.jpeg
IMG_7831.jpeg
IMG_7855.jpeg

Upvote 25
OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Have been having a bit of a google.. the small stones could be Tesseraeā€¦. small blocks of stone, tile, glass, or other material used in the construction of a mosaic. Oh my days have we found a Roman Villaā€¦. šŸ¤Æ xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool assortment once again
Having a hard time figuring out the second word on the button. Royal G....
This site should have it listed.

I'll have to say it's a tie between the plane and the poppy.
Both are 1st class photography.
Thinking this was one your best days for Roman bronzes.
Well done.šŸ‘

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Cool assortment once again
Having a hard time figuring out the second word on the button. Royal G....
This site should have it listed.

I'll have to say it's a tie between the plane and the poppy.
Both are 1st class photography.
Thinking this was one your best days for Roman bronzes.
Well done.šŸ‘
Ah thanks Pepsā€¦ honestly just luck with both picturesā€¦ šŸ˜† xx its crazy so many bronzeā€¦ but no silver šŸ˜‚.. but we have till October in this field.. so surely i will find oneā€¦. šŸ˜³ xx

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Iā€™m voting for the poppy pic! Outstanding! Thatā€™s pretty cool spotting the tiles. Great finds as always. šŸ¤—
Ah thank youā€¦ the little poppy was about 10cm highā€¦ so had my iphone on the groundā€¦. No idea what pic i would actually getšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ xx glad u like it xx

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Little updateā€¦ sent pictures of the small stones to FLOā€¦ she saysā€¦

ā€œThanks for sending over this image. These appear to be tesserae, small stones which would have been inserted into a cement mixture in order to form a mosaic floor or pavementā€

ā€¦ā€¦. oh my days ā€¦ i am beyond excited!!! xx šŸ˜

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah thanks Pepsā€¦ honestly just luck with both picturesā€¦ šŸ˜† xx its crazy so many bronzeā€¦ but no silver šŸ˜‚.. but we have till October in this field.. so surely i will find oneā€¦. šŸ˜³ xx
The button is a Royal Engineers WWll ( Helps looking on a bigger screen)

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
The button is a Royal Engineers WWll ( Helps looking on a bigger screen)
Peps, ur a legendā€¦ i couldnt even read it with my magnifying glass!!! Thank you! I love me a button!!! xx šŸ¤—

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little updateā€¦ sent pictures of the small stones to FLOā€¦ she saysā€¦

ā€œThanks for sending over this image. These appear to be tesserae, small stones which would have been inserted into a cement mixture in order to form a mosaic floor or pavementā€

ā€¦ā€¦. oh my days ā€¦ i am beyond excited!!! xx šŸ˜
Agreed, above are a few of the hundreds we picked up from our Roman Mansio Site. We have done extensive Geophysical survey's & 2 Private Digs to investigate this important site.
These 'rough & ready types' wouldn't be for those fine mosaic's, they were utilitarian in use. We think ours were lining a bathhouse, but could be the boarder to a communal area. Not part of the main living/dining areas.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A case of eat, sleep and repeat ā€¦. but we went to the other side of the buildings to see what we could find! Super interestingā€¦ was our conclusion!

a nice little weight, a crotal bell, spindle whorl and another weight, some lead shapes! 3 tacks, 2 round 1 oval, a engraved button. GRā€¦. I havenā€™t Iā€™d it yet, 2 bits of pot legs, a oval thingy, buttons, a crusty pre dec, and 7 scrappy Romans šŸ˜† will give to himself to clean as he is getting a bit expert at it! Xx

For the extra pics today a Lancaster flew over usā€¦ couldnt see what I was snapping as looking into the sun, but wow, I got a great shot! Also there was one lonely poppy in the middle of my search area šŸ˜† xx

now the final picture is just a few of the little cute stones I started picking up, there are loads scattered about, no clue what they are, but the stone is light weight and def not local? šŸ¤” another item for me to research šŸ˜† xx

View attachment 2092821 View attachment 2092822 View attachment 2092823 View attachment 2092824 View attachment 2092825 View attachment 2092826 View attachment 2092827 View attachment 2092828 View attachment 2092829 View attachment 2092830 View attachment 2092831 View attachment 2092832 View attachment 2092833
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Couple of possible idsā€¦ really hard to get pics of the detailsā€¦ šŸ˜¬ but think

Nummus of Dalmatius .. single standard 2 soliers AD 336-7

Gallic empireā€¦ postumusā€¦

But obviously we maybe way off track šŸ˜¬ xx
IMG_7896.jpeg
IMG_7897.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread