What's new

Sundays Civil War finds, my first Dragoon button.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
2,139
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call Sunday am from a good friend, he said that he and his Son were at a site that was getting the top soil stripped off for a new baseball field. Jeff said it was a large area and was plenty of room for the 3 of us to hunt. When I got there I saw a scabbard tip Jeremy found on top of the ground!
They both had a few bullets as well. I got started and dug a few small round balls and Jeff and I both eyeballed a couple of arrowhead's. They had to leave early in the afternoon and I stayed and hunted, mainly because the Park caretaker said after he seeds it we cannot hunt it anymore.
I went and ate lunch and when I returned he was running a dirt box behind a tractor which was pulverising the dirt clods. After his third pass I went over and showed him a 3 ringer I just dug. I wasn't to happy about the guy doing that because it was on a Sunday and he is just a volunteer at the park.
Luckily he stopped and allowed me a chance to cover the area again. I got a signal and it was a button. After getting home I dry brushed it and it was a Dragoon button! I might have the tip of a sword as well, I need to do some electrolysis and see how it turns out. Hope everyone has a great week. Tim
 

Attachments

  • Oct stuff 013.webp
    Oct stuff 013.webp
    84.1 KB · Views: 327
  • Oct stuff 015.webp
    Oct stuff 015.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Oct stuff 016.webp
    Oct stuff 016.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 317
  • Oct stuff 018.webp
    Oct stuff 018.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Oct stuff 021.webp
    Oct stuff 021.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 307
  • Oct stuff 023.webp
    Oct stuff 023.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
oh wow, I love em all..specially the arrowhead, I have yet to find one.. :thumbsup:
 
Very nice relics,maybe you can hunt the field again in the future.I bet there is some more relics in that field,keep that field in your mind.Congrats.

fortbball9
 
Nice button. That's a rare find.
Dman
 
The dragoon buttons are few and far between. In 13 years of CW Relic hunting, I have only found one. They are pre CW and are mafe better than the wartime ones. Great Find and HH!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom