What's new

Sunrise Dig

Rock Sinders

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Messages
278
Reaction score
889
Golden Thread
0
Out early. Not much to write home about on this dig. That gun barrel was cool. And, I can't imagine losing a complete set of house keys and maybe the front gate (and it's duplicate). That would be an interesting homecoming after a calm walk. lol
Sunrise hunt May 8 2025.webp
 
Upvote 32
I've seen engraved pistols but none like the barrel you found.
 
Out early. Not much to write home about on this dig. That gun barrel was cool. And, I can't imagine losing a complete set of house keys and maybe the front gate (and it's duplicate). That would be an interesting homecoming after a calm walk. lolView attachment 2206711
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Looks like some great finds :_) My vote is a toy cap gun barrel. We also have to remember many many years ago people did not mow and take care of there lands like is done today. A lot more TALL GRASSES 111
 
Looks like some great finds :_) My vote is a toy cap gun barrel. We also have to remember many many years ago people did not mow and take care of there lands like is done today. A lot more TALL GRASSES 111
Exactly. Back in the day it wasn't Star Wars and science fiction stuff very much. For us boys It was Cowboys and Indians and Westerns with pistols and rifles, sheriffs and outlaws. When I dig one up (and I have found lots), I know how old the dig is. :find::metaldetector:
 
I've seen engraved pistols but none like the barrel you found.
Okay. The barrel is split in half and had that yellow brass in the inside. So I'm wondering if it was a fairly old toy gun? I'm hoping someone would match it for me.
 
Okay. The barrel is split in half and had that yellow brass in the inside. So I'm wondering if it was a fairly old toy gun? I'm hoping someone would match it for me.
Here's the inside of it. It's not all copper or brass. Just some of it. It has a mixture of white and yellow metal. Hmmm, weird...
In the 50's and 60's Hubley made similar. I just can't say if it is one or not.
 

Attachments

  • Old Toy Pistol - Inside.webp
    Old Toy Pistol - Inside.webp
    997.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom