Sunset Beverages Bottle & Big Boy Bottle

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Sunset Beverages Bottle & Big Boy Bottle

Today was a beautiful day and the sun was shining nicely. I went detecting with Mudslide,we found only a few clad coins but we found what I believe is a bottle dump area. There must have been 100-200 bottles,all but one was broken. I was so disappointed about that, looks like some kids were there and broke them. The area is quite large,but I'm thinking about trying to dig down in areas to see if I can find any whole bottles underneath. I'm just not sure how to go about that,since the area is large. I have an idea where the majority of bottles were clustered, but it's still large maybe 20' X 30'. I did find some clear tall bottles,some had Ball on the bottom but I didn't bring them home. I have them stacked in an area that I can go back to and get them later.

The unbroken bottle is from Sunset Beverages, in Cleveland Ohio. The broken bottle is Big Boy Beverages,again from Cleveland Ohio. I really like the image on the bottle and just didn't want to leave it there. Also found a metal cap/shot glass marked: United Distillers Limited on the top and on the side For Connoisseurs.

Attachments

• Sunset11.jpg
    Sunset11.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Sunset22.jpg
    Sunset22.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 220
  • BigBoy22.jpg
    BigBoy22.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 171
  • ForCon11.jpg
    ForCon11.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 208

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Sunset Beverages Bottle & Big Boy Bottle

Nice finds Penny.......and you are right...dig down alittle farther under the layer or go down around the site like SWR suggests ...alot of times around the base of a tree they got hung up and didnt break....if you can reach the underlayer they are probally older and in better shape.....I like the Big Boy !

C

City Digger

Re: Sunset Beverages Bottle & Big Boy Bottle

nice find! sounds like you founnd agreat spot city digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread