What's new

Sunset

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We had a colorful sunset tonight. I used the opportunity to test the differnt exposure settings on my camera, so that I can learn a little about it. I used the scene setting and dusk/dawn,


duskdawn 0.webp Setting at 0

duskdawn -1.webp Setting at -1

duskdawn -2.webp Setting at -2. This to me shows the real colors that I was seeing.

duskdawn +1.webp Setting at +1

duskdawn +2.webp Setting at +2

Thanks for looking!

~Sis
 
If you had shot it from a tripod, you could take all those images and make a really detailed one called an HDR.

Tried to do one but the images would not align properly ... looked to be different sizes, which really confuses the software.
 
Ok, took some trimming and manual aligning, but here is a quick HDR merge of your images:

merge01.webp

No extra editing, just a straight up merge. Can be a lot better if you remember to use a tripod with those bracketed exposures and most of all, have the time and patience to do a proper editing job (which I didn't today).
 
Beautiful shots!:occasion14:
 
Nice pics WD.:icon_thumright:
 
If you had shot it from a tripod, you could take all those images and make a really detailed one called an HDR.

Tried to do one but the images would not align properly ... looked to be different sizes, which really confuses the software.


I haven't figured out how to use the tripod yet. I will put that on the list. I didn't think about the sizes being the same. I try to reduce the sizes in order to post on another forum that has restrictions. I will try to remember that for here. Thanks!
 
Ok, took some trimming and manual aligning, but here is a quick HDR merge of your images:

View attachment 1636705

No extra editing, just a straight up merge. Can be a lot better if you remember to use a tripod with those bracketed exposures and most of all, have the time and patience to do a proper editing job (which I didn't today).


Been dropping the hints to hubby that I need a better lap top. Maybe Santa will bring me one. I would like to be able to do better at editing and try to learn some of the stuff that you do. Thanks for editing!
 
that would be great framed on my wall Love it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom