Super Duper cool thing I found!

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this discussion with my wife all the time when I get something she likes. If I pay $20 for it, but it's really worth $300 - then she claims the cost of giving it to her is $20. I say the cost of giving it to her is $300. Not very reasonable for your mother-in-law to expect you to give her a $1500 present, unless that is what you guys normally spend.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this discussion with my wife all the time when I get something she likes. If I pay $20 for it, but it's really worth $300 - then she claims the cost of giving it to her is $20. I say the cost of giving it to her is $300. Not very reasonable for your mother-in-law to expect you to give her a $1500 present, unless that is what you guys normally spend.

Lol never! Like $20!!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading these replies makes me smile because I'll never have these problems...unless my girlfriend decides she likes tools and bench vises one of these days

I'm happy to share anything with my old man that he can use and he will always offer to make me whole on the purchase price. Since I buy many items at one sale, getting the entire 20.00 spent for one machinist tool puts me way ahead in the line to make a decent profit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread